Gloucester Skeet 300

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzrat

On another thread Joe mentioned the Gloucester skeet 300. After a shallow dig on the tinternet I found the details.

Its 3 registered 100 bird English skeet comps with your best 2 going toward a total ex 200  looks like a decent comp with some pretty reasonable prize money.

Dates are 9/6/13, 30/6/13 and 21/7/13 I cant make this Sunday but am going to give the last 2 a good blast

Details on the website here http://www.gloucesterclayshooting.com/esk300.html  Hope to see a few of you there :)

Call and book your place or you might be dissapointed

Paul Tudge was telling me that the uptake had been slower than previous years!

I'll join you for the next 2 Fuzz! I couldn't decide between southern counties and this at Gloucester, but the 50 minutes less travel to Southern swung it for me!

(null)

fuss if you want to shoot sunday at the300 theres room on my squad around12 pm and if you want to shoot the esc the following saturday and sunday at gloucester ring john walker  now only two left

Thanks for the offer Joe but I am already booked out this weekend and next. Hopefully see you for the one in late june :)

Result, freed up some space tomorrow and shooting it at 1.20. I believe I'm on with you Joe???

Great day at Gloucester today, won some cash and got to shoot with Mr Kitson. Enjoyed it so much I'm booked on for the next two on the same squad. Many thanks to Joe for the tips and Andy & Paul Tudge for the warm welcome :)

Read all about it here 

I now wish that I had attended this instead of southern counties! Arrived at SC signed only then to find out no refs, yet still charged £40 comp entry, premier ground.....really? When approached about why are we paying extra if no refs..... um ah ah um!! Our squad was quite militant, even considered refusing to shoot! Unfortunately this totally put me in the wrong frame of mind, I did manage a 91ex100; due to squad placing i was lumbered with buttoning and never got my mind back to the job in hand!

I won't be choosing to shoot SC over another ground again!

Well done Fuzz, will hopefully see you at the next one if I can get on a squad!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats an absolute piss take! £35 quid competition today, cash for the on the day positions and a decent sponsored prize for the best two out of three. Definitely get on the case for the next two, Andy was saying today they are filling up real fast. Today was quiet as it clashed with Morton and a welsh qualifier, but the next 2 are busy.

On a side note, can it still be deemed as registered if theres no refs?

I will get on the case tomorrow Fuzz, only really went to SC today because I thought a few more of my usual crew were going... but they never turned up! Really not sure of the ruling about no refs... to be honest never really happened with more than couple ppl before! Was certainly miffed with the ground managers reaction, either don't allow competition or drop everyone's entry fee!? Somewhat disadvantaged in that the other squad had wives/gf's to deal with buttoning/scoring!

It shouldn't have affected me as it did, but it certainly put a negative spin on the days events!

Wow!

What would have happened if a squad of new shooters had arrived or shooters that the ground doesn't know?

Seems like a big risk.

I hope you didn't have to fill traps too!!! ;)

£40 is unbelievably poor value, what was the cost for birds only?

Not sure on that scenario Julesy, I guess they would have hoped that someone on the squad knew the basic rules!

Haha no didn't have to fill the traps but did have to get them hooped as they certainly were not done before!

Yeah it is poor value for money, targets only is £33/100 and practise targets are 30p/clay but you have to pay for 'no birds'!

if you shoot skeet in wales you have to ref and mark at all reg shoots they wont pay for refs harf of them dont even now the rules poor show pay the same money has we do in england BUTwe get good refs

I know things do cost more down south but that is incredible!

Now I know why people are shocked at our prices, 100 practice targets at SC (presuming no no birds) costs the same as 100 registered comp entry with us (and plenty of other good grounds too).

How much is a cup of tea? (I am fascinated!)

Joe, I wouldn't mind self scoring when the entry cost reflects this!

Haha in sure you are Julesy! I was surprised by the low costs at Nottingham when I came up for the English! A cuppa at SC is £1.10!

I don't see any reason why shooting costs should be more down south, I think it just the lack of ground competition so some grounds think they can get away with it!

Latest posts

Back