Eye Dominance

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diver682

Has anyone tried or heard of this product The‘Vass’ (variable adjustment shotgun sight).

I came across this website whilst searching for a solution to my central vision problem. http://www.vass.ie/index.php/about-vass

Any input would be gratefully received!

Thanks

Carl

This looks very iffy to me, I couldn't find a single proper picture of it and the whole concept is dodgy because the eye that takes over needs to be looking along the rib and pointing the whole gun not a little sight. Just my opinion as I've never come across one before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone tried or heard of this product The‘Vass’ (variable adjustment shotgun sight).

I came across this website whilst searching for a solution to my central vision problem. http://www.vass.ie/index.php/about-vass

Any input would be gratefully received!

Thanks

Carl

Fugly looking thing though!  Could work, but not really a "punt" at 144Euro.

Get an EasyHit.  You already know where to look, so looking at the barrels wont be an issue (isn't for my mate and he is new)...that will certainly help and only £25.  Go for the middle sized length.  Green seems nicer to the eye than the red.  Proven to work.

http://www.easyhit.co.uk/?gclid=CJi17Yytp7QCFczHtAodrGoAqw

Fugly looking thing though!  Could work, but not really a "punt" at 144Euro.

Get an EasyHit.  You already know where to look, so looking at the barrels wont be an issue (isn't for my mate and he is new)...that will certainly help and only £25.  Go for the middle sized length.  Green seems nicer to the eye than the red.  Proven to work.

http://www.easyhit.co.uk/?gclid=CJi17Yytp7QCFczHtAodrGoAqw
Thats Skeet UK but I have tried easyhit and it didnt work for me but thats not to say it doesnt work for others.

Currently using dot on my glasses with mixed success but the dominant eye is now tyring to look around the dot causing my head to lift off the stock.

Example of mixed success in Fitasc last outing 21 on first layout then 9 on the next. So frustrating was ready to try anything but your right 144 euros is alot on a punt.

Thanks

Carl

Thats Skeet UK but I have tried easyhit and it didnt work for me but thats not to say it doesnt work for others.

Currently using dot on my glasses with mixed success but the dominant eye is now tyring to look around the dot causing my head to lift off the stock.

Example of mixed success in Fitasc last outing 21 on first layout then 9 on the next. So frustrating was ready to try anything but your right 144 euros is alot on a punt.

Thanks

Carl

That means you have the dot in te right place! Practice gun mount and remind yourself before each shot to keep your cheek weld and follow through the shot. Watch the clay break before dissmounting the gun,

hope that helps?

That means you have the dot in te right place! Practice gun mount and remind yourself before each shot to keep your cheek weld and follow through the shot. Watch the clay break before dissmounting the gun, hope that helps?
Do you think that perhaps a slight raising of the comb might help too?  Just thinking that perhaps it might be a touch low, but being as the other eye is trying to do the looking, it isn't noticed...but the head lifts because of it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Eye dominance has been an issue written about for over 150 years.

Many names for devices to interfere with vision irregularities ranging from thumb stalls to full monopean sights attached parallel to the rib. NONE of them actually work, in my opinion.  

It is possible to overcome eye issues with thought, correct identification of the issue and dedicated application of the corrective action.

Shotspot is a  very good and relevantly cheap fix,at about £15, how you can ask for £60 plus for something similar but not as good  beggars belief.

Anyone suffering from dominance issues can make progress by wearing a pair of spectacles with the lense of the 'wrong' eye having its vision 'interrupted'  either with a spot, smearing with vaseline or lip salve, scratched or sandblasted, dotted with a felt pen, or completely vision obliterated with tape or similar.

What no one mentions is that initially when trying to 'fix' eye dominance the brain has a memory, and despite  trying to block the dominant eye's picture you will for a little while tend to 'steer'  left or right towards the 'off' eye. Persevere for a few weeks, I think you will find it will change for the better.

Do you think that perhaps a slight raising of the comb might help too?  Just thinking that perhaps it might be a touch low, but being as the other eye is trying to do the looking, it isn't noticed...but the head lifts because of it?
I think it very likely will help.

Cross dominance itself is not the problem, it's the things such as the barrels that intrude into the sight picture that are the problem, and with cross dominance those things intrude much, much more causing the non dominant eye to be virtually ignored by the brain. Therefore the higher the line of sight above the rib, the less important cross dominance is. To use an extreme example, cross dominance is no problem when shooting from the hip.

In a nutshell, the less aware we are of the gun, the less of a problem cross dominance is.

Carl, I can't believe that thing will do you any good at all. If you'd like to meet at SD sometime before the next comp to chat around finding a solution and shoot some practice then I'd be happy to. I'll get your number from SD tomorrow, or drop me a pm if thats of interest, this site won't let me pm you. Otherwise I'm sure James or Richard could help you more than a mechano strap-on ;)  Ben

Thank you to everyone for your input, I was chatting to the Chiroprator that I am seeing for my back about the issue and he believes that its all to do with the two seperate hemisphere's of the brain and he reakons he can fix it. Gonna give it a go!

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Carl

Thank you to everyone for your input, I was chatting to the Chiroprator that I am seeing for my back about the issue and he believes that its all to do with the two seperate hemisphere's of the brain and he reakons he can fix it. Gonna give it a go!

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Carl
If he offers to have  a fiddle with your Corpus Collosum, be wary. :)

Back when I was studious and doing Psychology, I read about surgery that they carry out on patients with sever epilepsy, to stop a seizure from crossing from one side of the brain to the other.  They cut the corpus collosum.  Now, this is all well and good.  You wouldn't know that a person had had it done...most of the time.

Tests were carried out, where a patient would be sat in front of  a screen and under the screen was a gap so they could put their hands through to feel objects on the other side.  They would cover one of the patients eyes, then flash up the name of an object on the screen.

The patient, feels about and picks up the object.  Simple enough.

Only problem is, when you ask the patient what they are holding...they can't tell you!

They can't tell you,because the side of the brain that deals with motor skills, is on the same side as the eye that saw the word on the screen...but speech is on the other side!!!

True story, as Nicola would say.  Known as Split Brain Phenomenon .

I suppose that if you did this, then closed one eye...you would break the clay, but is someone asked you if you broke it...you would say I don't know! :D  

Just a bit of random info there, seeing as you mentioned brains!

Back