Extract from Guildford Gun Club Newsletter

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob_P

Following a recent ShootClay meet at a club charity shoot, the following appeared in the club newsletter. The "rat" referred to is a rabbit clay rolled down a ramp, and is about 3 metres away. Convention is that if you miss it, it's a pound in the charity box. We raised £463,13 in total on the day, and the rat stand contributed £83.13, all proceeds to the Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation.

"By the way, it was a bit questionable why there was an odd few pence in the rat bucket, but I have tracked down the reason for this. One of Bob Pearsons guests, Andy Gray aka Fuzrat on the shootclay.co.uk Forum, missed a rat on one of the pairs, and so doubled barrelled it, which was considered "fine avoidance". He was forced to turn out his pocket and hence the odd pence."

Pesky rat! It was commented "well done for actually getting the trigger pulled twice that fast" great fun and all in a very good cause :)

I'm still waiting for change - I missed two rats, and put four quid in ;)

Excuse me Admin,

Although we have minted new coins for the Olympic Blunder we have yet to mint a £4 coin.

So for you to put £4 in the kitty to pay a £2 bill leads me to believe that you may be suffering from double vision.

Hence your regular misses, either go to Specsavers or make your mind up whether to shoot at the front clay or the back one.

Salop - its a good point, I just had two pound coins ready, and as I missed the second of the two I missed, I thought about Roy Castle, and his fabulous 'Dedication' theme tune from Record Breakers and the joy that song bought me in my formative years - the tears welled up and I emptied my 'rat miss' pocket into the bucket.

Next years date is set. Saturday 29th June 2013, for the next round of rat dusting.

Penciled in already Darren, got a lovely Beretta plate in presentation box for the Raffle :.: :.: But you aint getting my freezer blocks!

Back