Do beretta pattern tightly

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The answer is no. Plain and simple no

But what is also true is that what chokes say on them isn’t necessarily what it is

Surely the pattern thrown is a combination of choke and cartridge, so change one and you’ll get a different result. A choke that gives a reasonable half choke pattern with one brand of cartridge may not give the same result with another brand of cartridge.. Just find what gives you the best results and stay with it 🤷🏼‍♂️

As an unscientific rule of thumb I had an awakening a couple of weeks ago.

A friend and I were shooting a bouncing clay across the water, we noticed the apparent difference in pattern spread and put a few in the water without clays about 20-25 yards out.

The width of his pattern was almost twice mine and three times longer impact zone across the water.

He was on fibre, I was on plas wads. He shot some of my plas wads and he was still 60% wider pattern and twice pattern length of mine.

We were both on half choke, both optima, although he was HP.

His is a silver pigeon.

Mine is a DT10L

So not sure that all Beretta pattern tight as we had no other marque comparison but the DT10 certainly does pattern tighter and by a very apparent margin, compared to a Silver Pigeon.

I have been shooting sporting on half choke and going to give cylinder a go at the weekend . As I have a 50% miss rate but obliterate those I hit. Still new to the game, experimenting, learning, and loving it.
Not mentioning any names David ! But a friend of mine whom I shoot with would be quite happy if he hit water 4 times in a row !

As an unscientific rule of thumb I had an awakening a couple of weeks ago.

A friend and I were shooting a bouncing clay across the water, we noticed the apparent difference in pattern spread and put a few in the water without clays about 20-25 yards out.

The width of his pattern was almost twice mine and three times longer impact zone across the water.

He was on fibre, I was on plas wads. He shot some of my plas wads and he was still 60% wider pattern and twice pattern length of mine.

We were both on half choke, both optima, although he was HP.

His is a silver pigeon.

Mine is a DT10L

So not sure that all Beretta pattern tight as we had no other marque comparison but the DT10 certainly does pattern tighter and by a very apparent margin, compared to a Silver Pigeon.

I have been shooting sporting on half choke and going to give cylinder a go at the weekend . As I have a 50% miss rate but obliterate those I hit. Still new to the game, experimenting, learning, and loving it.

First of all: Congratulations on reviving a six year old thread! Second: If you want to test spread, use a pattern plate. There's a reason they exist, and they will do the job with lasting visuals that you can actually compare.

A pond isn't the same thing. As you'll be shooting downwards to hit water, the height and distance will determine the angle of impact, and inconsistencies will show up quick and matter a lot. I wouldn't consider that a reliable test at all. That said, a "sixty percent" difference would be a lot for the same choke configuration.

I'd consider measuring the chokes, but also take into account that if you are shooting steel half choke is already pretty tight.

l had a Browning 725 with extended chokes the half choke that came with the gun was fine, so in order to shoot half and half l ordered another from a reputable gun dealer and this one was definitely a tad tighted than the first, and worked fine in the top barrel so no complaints!

Back