Clever mirage super target 7.5 28g

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke725

Hello 

saw the above in my local gun shop at £150/1000 thought i would grab 2 boxes for practice for my local ground today . Was really impressed at the breaks and thought the recoil was nothing out of place and also barrels were clean after using them , ,( i thought they would be harsh and dirty with the low price ) i find my pro one a smoother cartridge ) but recoil is not a thing what bothers me , so the delima i have is do i save myself £60 a thousand or should i stick to the pro ones , what is peoples opionions on them and is it worth me trying the blue boxed ones (T2's) i think they are .

thanks in advance luke 

Might be worth trying the T2's.....I've been using these a couple of years now and won't change. Tried these back to back with the Supertargets initially and found the T2's even nicer to shoot.  Recoil is a very personal and subjective thing though, and if you're not affected by it and like the Supertargets then why spend the extra. 

Fully agree with Iggy! I've been using the super target 24g 9s and find them great and one of the cleanest carts out there which is an added bonus saving on cost and gun cleaner!

Since most cartridges out there are pretty good nowadays, beside what you have already noticed you will have to find something that would make you prefere one over the other - now what do we have:

- patterns: at medium 30m distance you will be hard pressed to see any difference at all - at 20m (& sub) and 40m (& over) difference begins to appear - if those matter it is up to you to decide. Clever T2 28g 2.3mm patterns as a close range one through my gun/choke, while pro ones are more evenly dispersed over all distances.

- visual looks: I personaly I don't like red and prefer blue - if those are translucent even more so and I choke at maroon of Sovereigns and Pro Ones (although those are one of my dearest if at hand. I would realy like to hear the marketing design explanation - they are easily distinguished tho...Pro Fibre - looks great BTW). Or if I look at Cheddite - I was regular buyer of old translucent white UT ones - I won't buy one today just because they are awful olive green... 

- price: once you really start to shoot a lot - it begins to creep up on you - especialy when shooting next to a good one with cheapest stuff there is and - as it happened to me lately - there is an added satisfaction scoring high with cheap stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back