Cost of Miroku stock?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squimp

Can anybody enlighten me as to the rough cost of a new and/or lightly used Trap stock for an MK38 ? Ideally a grade 5.

A pal has an MK 38 sporter  and he has just realised that the stock is too flat for him. He has shot it this week with a comb raiser and his shooting has improved markedly.

one obvious solution would be to try swapping the sporting stock for a trap version....

last question, I’m guessing that a used MK38 sporting stock has a lower value than the Trap equivalent ?

any info gratefully appreciated.

Are you sitting down ? A grade 5  Miroku stock acquired as a spare through a dealer is going to cost you around £1000 , yep a grand . I’ve had two Gd 5 stocks cast , which is a bit of a leap of faith , as if they had cracked ...

I’ve no idea where you’d get a lightly used trap stock from . As per Westley’s advice an adjustable comb is one way to go . My option would be to chop the 38 sporter in against a used Trap gun . 

ps my MK60 20g was way too low for me as well as lacking cast . I had the stock bent up at the wrist at the same time I had the cast done . I didn’t go adjustable comb as I was building a game gun and I think adjustable looks pants in that application . 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys - roughly what I had thought.

I have seen one decent looking stock  advertised for £750.

I doubt my mate would go for the adjustable option as like MB he shoots plenty of game days.

it sounds like a p/x deal is the way forward.

I can't believe it, what a mistake I made.

Recently I was offered a dirt cheap Miroku with a damaged stock. I looked on Ebay and there was only one and it was a grade 5. It matched but was about £230. It went into my watch list and was re listed several times and never sold. I thought it was too expensive so passed on it and the gun.

No idea what happened to the stock if you want to search the closed listings. 

If you’re ok with grade 2 wood, the cost for a new one is about £450 according to a recent quote I had for a browning 525 

On Saturday last I had both my MK38 Trap and MK60 20gauge with me for a syndicate day  . I invited a friend up to shoot and he shot 6 out of 7 of my pegs  . His choice of weaponry is a 30” 725 pro sport and a 32” MK38  Teague sporter .  Side by side we had my 32” 38 Trap ( converted to “ proper “ long Teague thin wall chokes ) and the Teague 38 sporter which had  the lower stock  and the Teague branded long invector chokes .  The handling is markedly different . The 38 sporter is muzzle heavy and ponderous in comparison to the trap .  No doubt due to the barrel wall thickness for the Invector  choke thread . 
The MK38 Trap with chokes of .015” and 025” either as eased out fixed choke , or a real Teague Precision thinwall conversion,  is probably one of the best all rounders money can buy . 

that’s why I’d put any money towards a swap , because he won’t only get a trap stock he’ll get a totally different gun . 

I would contact BWM direct and see if you can buy a damaged gd. 5 stock. I know of at least 3 that have gone back recently, after cracking  !  Get one of those and have it glued up, it will probably be stronger that it was originally  ??

Premier guns  ( doveridge ) did have mk38 sporters with trap woodwork , brand new. Don't know if they have any left. ??

Latest posts

Back