Manuel Ricardo Stocks

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

Q, has anyone experience of using the above for his one -stop (aka remote) service for a new stock? Am curious as to process / cost of a (low grade wood) new stock for my MK38, as ever someone who has used may have more of a feel that the few U Tube offerings, thanks all

Q, has anyone experience of using the above for his one -stop (aka remote) service for a new stock? Am curious as to process / cost of a (low grade wood) new stock for my MK38, as ever someone who has used may have more of a feel that the few U Tube offerings, thanks all
Not personally. Argun Ismet has done one or even two, so ask when you see him. The Johnny Carter TGS you tube video was good on the subject. 

I’m just back from Manuel’s. I would advise against having the stock made remotely unless you’re absolutely sure of your preferred stock dimensions. Although Manual’s a master craftsmen his work will only be as good as the data you supply him. If that’s out, you’ve wasted your money. For me, there’s no alternative to being there. Not only can you watch and influence the build but he can see you mount and shoot the gun, making small alterations as necessary. For the price of a budget flight and a few days in a hotel it’s a no brainier really.

If you want to know prices and what’s involved drop me a PM. Happy to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good service wouldn't hesitate to recommend.  If your going to go with an adjustable comb not much to worry about I would also recommend  asking him to make you up 3 recoil pads the size manual recommends one 5mm longer  and another 10mm longer.  We disagreed on lop and Manuel's solution was to send extra pads at no extra cost.  Pleasure to deal with and there's a lot of toing and froing on what's app  to insure your happy with the dimensions.   Obviously not as good as going over there and done on site but for people that don't have that option it's going to feel much better than a factory stock. I had a good idea of the dimensions I wanted and what Manuel came up with just from body measurements was very similar.

Well the way I see it is if you want a little jolly then go see the man.

If for whatever reason you don't want to go then why not use one of our own excellent stock makers. You have probably the best stock fitter very close to you. 

It's not something I would like to do remotely.  

Jasper. 

Could you tell me Jan , what the process for actually taking a gun to Portugal is ? . Do you need a visitors gun permit , and which airline did you travel with ?  The last time I took a gun to Europe I used my EFP , which is obviously defunct . 
Yes, the EFP made it a much simpler process. You do need a Portuguese import permit which Manuel will obtain on your behalf. Allow a month or so for the paperwork to process. If I’m travelling to a European destination I always fly with EasyJet. They’re the only budget airline that’ll take guns and have a good selection of fights to destinations close to shooting grounds. The national airlines will take guns but charge much more. Providing you have your paperwork in order and allow yourself plenty of time you’ll not have a problem. So many guns come through Porto airport en route to Manuel’s that the police and customs are very familiar in dealing with them.

Hello Richard i have for sale in the sale section a left hand Manuel Ricardo stock the process for ordering on line took 4 months and a lot of whats app tex and videos yes it is cheaper than traveling out there but as other people have said you get a holiday out of it the result and detail Manuel puts into the stock is spot on and the result is very good 

the stock which is for sale is not for sale because i dont like it or i dont get on with it it is for sale because i have two 

Yes, the EFP made it a much simpler process. You do need a Portuguese import permit which Manuel will obtain on your behalf. Allow a month or so for the paperwork to process. If I’m travelling to a European destination I always fly with EasyJet. They’re the only budget airline that’ll take guns and have a good selection of fights to destinations close to shooting grounds. The national airlines will take guns but charge much more. Providing you have your paperwork in order and allow yourself plenty of time you’ll not have a problem. So many guns come through Porto airport en route to Manuel’s that the police and customs are very familiar in dealing with them.
Is the EFP completely out of the picture for you all across the channel? It would have made sense to keep it, or reciprocally acknowledging a document like it. Shame.  

I haven’t looked into travelling to the UK with a gun from the continent, but have been planning a visit to Portugal. Invite, EFP, valid national paperwork and off you go. MR recommended flying with TAP or EasyJet (or KLM), and was smart to point out that Ryanair and some other budget lines don’t allow guns at all.   

Is the EFP completely out of the picture for you all across the channel? It would have made sense to keep it, or reciprocally acknowledging a document like it. Shame.  

I haven’t looked into travelling to the UK with a gun from the continent, but have been planning a visit to Portugal. Invite, EFP, valid national paperwork and off you go. MR recommended flying with TAP or EasyJet (or KLM), and was smart to point out that Ryanair and some other budget lines don’t allow guns at all.   
Yes. 🤬🤬 

Although it's probable a low priority to almost everyone else who's having to deal with the wider consequence of leaving the EU. 

At least we can buy Meat and sweets labeled in pounds and ounces and we get a pint logo on our beer glasses again. 

Unfortunately the European Firearms Pass  is no more for U.K. shooters . It’s a shame but there you go . Equally your EFP will not be valid to come here 

If you want to shoot in the U.K you will have to apply for a visitors Shotgun Certificate from the Police Force in the area you first intend to shoot .  This will let you bring to the U.K. and leave the U.K.   with your guns . If you wanted to bring a rifle ( for stalking for example ) that’s a different document , a visitors Firearms Certificate. 

Unfortunately the European Firearms Pass  is no more for U.K. shooters . It’s a shame but there you go . Equally your EFP will not be valid to come here.
Not quite correct.

As someone who travels fairly often to overseas shooting events it's still perfectly possible. It just needs more permits and a great deal more time in the planning. Thankfully, if you’re heading to Manuel’s, they’ll do it for you.

Back