Bit of Shooting Ground Intel Needed

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bebo

Thinking about heading off in the motorhome weekend after next to try a few Registered shoots at grounds we've not been to before.  Looking at Somerset Shooting Ground (used to be called Tor View I think) for their Friday comp. and then doing Meadowcroft and Four Counties on the way home.

Never been to any of these and was after advice on access.  Is it going to be a nightmare getting a motorhome in to them and what's the parking like (are we going to get bogged down)?

Any other info on the quality of the shoots gratefully accepted as well.

Thinking about heading off in the motorhome weekend after next to try a few Registered shoots at grounds we've not been to before.  Looking at Somerset Shooting Ground (used to be called Tor View I think) for their Friday comp. and then doing Meadowcroft and Four Counties on the way home.

Never been to any of these and was after advice on access.  Is it going to be a nightmare getting a motorhome in to them and what's the parking like (are we going to get bogged down)?

Any other info on the quality of the shoots gratefully accepted as well.
Tor view fine, Meadowcroft will be difficult and you’ll have to park at the top because very steep slope down to shoot, Four Counties fine.

Tor view fine, Meadowcroft will be difficult and you’ll have to park at the top because very steep slope down to shoot, Four Counties fine.
Thank you Sian. Maybe I need to rethink Meadowcroft. Back to the CPSA fixtures list methinks.

Thank you Sian. Maybe I need to rethink Meadowcroft. Back to the CPSA fixtures list methinks.
There’s enough space at the top and although steep it’s not far to walk but get there early to park there.

Sian said:
There’s enough space at the top and although steep it’s not far to walk but get there early to park there.
Also remember 1.30 last card for Four Counties so you need to get around Meadowcroft early and get away on time.

Meadowcroft is in very rural location about a mile out of Marksbury down some narrow lanes, but there's quite a lot of space when you get there. It might even be possible to park up and stay overnight. It looks like Westfield and South West SS are on for the 15th so Meadowcroft might not get a huge turnout and an early start there would leave ample time to make 4Cs before last orders.

Meadowcroft is in very rural location about a mile out of Marksbury down some narrow lanes, but there's quite a lot of space when you get there. It might even be possible to park up and stay overnight. It looks like Westfield and South West SS are on for the 15th so Meadowcroft might not get a huge turnout and an early start there would leave ample time to make 4Cs before last orders.
Cheers Westward.  It's a toss up between making sure we're at Meadowcroft early or skipping it and going straight to 4Cs (and then maybe Gatton Bottom as we go past on the way home).

As Sian said, there's parking near the top of the hill at Meadowcroft but walking back up is a test if you're not used to steep hills. I was there today for the Fitasc and the paddock at the bottom, normally only okay for 4x4 parking was dry and firm so cars and vans had no problems and plenty of space for a motorhome.

As Sian said, there's parking near the top of the hill at Meadowcroft but walking back up is a test if you're not used to steep hills. I was there today for the Fitasc and the paddock at the bottom, normally only okay for 4x4 parking was dry and firm so cars and vans had no problems and plenty of space for a motorhome.
Bebo is up to the walk back up the hill.

Latest posts

Back