S7eed

Changing a forend

S7eed

Morning Chaps

I have been trying out new guns and really like the browning XS Pro apart from the trap forend is it possible to swap out/change the forend to say a  schnabel forend?

I find the trap forend to be bulky but not sure if changing it out is a)possible b)may effect the balance of the gun.

cheers

woody

I did the reverse and changed to a trap forend from a schnabel forend on a 725. Just swapped the metalwork over on the forend and it fitted a treat. 

Oh, and didn't effect the balance in any way as far as I could tell. 

Finners

I had two Caesar Guerini's a while back, the forend/barrels could be swapped around between them at will. I'd guess, all machine made guns are the same. However Anglo Italian advised that if swapping parts, they should be fettled/checked before being shot. 

Anyway, I know what you mean about the XS Pro, I found the forend to be a bit too bulky too. Could it not be re-profiled/slimmed down, and re-chequered? 

MartynB
Posted (edited)

If you are buying new ask the dealer  if it is possible to get what you want direct from the importer.  Or probably better , ask if the importer would supply a spare Schnabel wood , new with the gun , so you can swap at will , the wood comes off the iron in 30 seconds  by removing 3 Phillips machine screws on Japanese Brownings . 

That way when you come to sell the gun , you won’t be faced with selling on something that is a bit of an oddball  . 

Before you get the wood slimmed on a new gun , double check if doing so voids the warranty on the entire gun . 

Edited by MartynB

S7eed

Thanks guys, sounds like getting a second one from the importer is the best idea

westley
Posted (edited)

You may find that if you advertise the fact that you wish to swap, someone with a sporter forend will accommodate.

Edited by westley