Eley olympic blue Opinions/Review?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeeF3

Hi All.

I am after consistency in my shooting and have found a supplier that can supply me eley cartridges at short notice and at a very competitive price. 

I Shoot in the 80s on registered shoots so don’t want as such a “budget cartridge” I am currently using mid Wales super gems but the distance has made them now an issue.

How do the blues compare to a super gem if anyone has compared them?

What my current plan is, is to use Eley Olympic blue cartridges (28g 8 )  as a cartridge to shoot at all targets then get an Eley superb 7.5 or 7 to shoot at the longer/on edge targets. Both have printed speeds of the same.

Tia

lee

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely some people have/use the combination above or have a review of the Olympic blues?

lee

I ‘m about 1500 cartridges into the 2000 Olympic Blues I bought .  I don’t shoot competitions . In the last year I’ve had a couple of thousand of Eley First , nice soft cartridge , but wanted something with a bit more poke . I tried a thousand Power Golds , a lot more punch but around £220 , however I had 6 failures to fire out of a thousand batch , that put me off them . That’s how I ended up with Olympic Blues .  Harder hitting than the First , not as Hard as the Gold but a tad cheaper at around £208  . I can honestly say that if I do my bit with the 7.5 they will break anything , period .  As I said I don’t shoot competition so I’m not looking for an incremental  percentage edge , but I’d say just buy the  Blues in 7.5 , and forget the 8 and the Superb  .  With 3/8 and 5/8 of choke I reckon anything that doesn’t break isn’t down to the cartridge . We’ve used them on ball trap targets and broken them convincingly a measured 60 yards out . 

Latest posts

Back