Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will Hewland

Proposed new Sporting clays classification system

dashman1

Totally agree enough said atb

Will Hewland

Not sure you have taken the system on board Martin tbh. It changes almost nothing for the likes of you and I, who shoot lots of grounds on lots of occasions.

And personally I plain disagree that people should be allowed to get into a high class by choosing to shoot just some familiar or soft shoots. Equally choosing only hard ones to stay down a class is not right. Why on earth would you want to condemn a system that nails that issue? You seem to have a dismissive fear of change, which as I say, I suspect is down to not having understood the new system. So, it's easier to condemn it rather than understand it? Sorry if I'm wrong mate but I am struggling to understand your concerns about as much as I believe you are struggling to understand my system..

tiptop

I've no concerns at all with it Will not afraid of any change, if it ever happens or not we will all just have to get on with it, simple as that.

Surely the person that shoots the so called harder shoots is going to be the person that is more in line with their class, and more readily prepared for the majors, and the big shoots????? :bb:

Its the softer shooters that are not prepared and will do the whining, as they have got themselves in the elevated position so its their own fault.

In fact Will, as for the dodgy shooter they only needs to turn up towards the end of the shoot look at the current H/G, L/G and work out exactly what they have to shoot, and you will still have a cut off point at the end of the classification period, that everyone knows about.

I do see what you're getting at Will about being graded on the scores that are shot at the shoots, believe me.

RANDOM RULES....Will....nobody knows when it will happen, and just let Johnny soft shot get on with it......the people that shoot the toughies will be the people at the top of their game........at the end of the day you still have to bust that clay :biggrin::hunter:  :hunter:  :hunter: .

Lee Roberts
Not sure you have taken the system on board tbh. Hi Will Didn't get to say hello today at owls today hope you had a great shoot? I'm a little confused on the soft and hard grounds.....? Here is a list : Urchfont , fourcounties, gunsite, western wood, west fields, Owls lodge, Upavon, churchhilllshoot, coleys, hornet ...... Please could you put these in there categories hard or soft grounds... ? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will Hewland

Hi Lee,

Sorry to miss you mate. It was a good shoot today. No easy stand!

Only a few grounds are consistently hard or easy; by which I mean that they hold high-scoring or low-scoring shoots. Many grounds hold shoots of differing difficulty, so it's not about grounds, it's about shoots (regardless of where they are). Almost any ground I know has held a high scorer and a low scorer at some point. My system would actually allow them to hold varied shoots with less fear of being criticised for it.

"Same for all" is a cry we often hear if we comment to a ground owner if we criticise their shoot for being too soft or too hard. Well, it's only the same for all at THAT shoot, but our present system directly compares those shooters with others at other shoots. At CPSA on Monday morning, our scores are sent in. Imagine that there are two of me, identical twins, same shooting ability. (Horrifying thought I know..) My twin, Will 2, goes to a soft shoot and clocks a nice 94. Will 1 goes to a real toughie and hits 74. The CPSA sees Will 1 as a B class shooter for that days evaluation. Will 2 is viewed by CPSA as a top flight AAA.

Yes, I know it averages out over lots of shoots, but only if you shoot lots of different shoots. Presently, it is up to the shooter to travel round and put in the variety so as to establish a fair average. I just suggest we make every shoot a fair representation of a shooters average by disregarding number of clays hit.

Rob C

Will its becoming apparent that it is proving difficult to get  a group of shooters on this forum to agree a change to the current system is really needed.  God forbid how anybody expects the governing body to except it.....just saying.

( Do not think they give a toss anyway)

Will Hewland

It's clear that many shooters don't really grasp the PRESENT system. (I'm not saying they are daft, more that most don't worry or pay attention to the detail). For many if it was changed, they wouldn't notice.

My take is that I believe in my idea because it is SO the obvious way to do it. But I'm not that passionate about seeing it implemented, or I would have been banging on the CPSA door for years. Happy to help them if they see a benefit from it.

Hamster

You need to write to them officially and ask them to evaluate it, the least they can then do is gauge members reactions and thoughts via Pull.

Will Hewland

You need to write to them officially and ask them to evaluate it, the least they can then do is gauge members reactions and thoughts via Pull.

What's my fee? :)

Hamster

It will forever be called the Hewland system.