Wylye Valley - 25th March

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
Just back from a lovely day down at Wylye - when the sun is shining, I can think of few better places to be than out shooting at a ground you enjoy. Booked on about 12.30 with Robo, Tonky - and saw Andy S on the way round, so ShootClay was well represented.

As usual - interesting shoot, well varied from the last time we visited. Stands 1 and 2 were good opening stands, with stand 2 providing an interesting test with a l/r edge on crosser followed by r/l midi which only needed a short lead - was watching a few people miss it in front and I only managed a 3x8 on there. Stand 3 was the one rabbit out on the course today, which was a quartering right to left, fairly quick with an on report overhead going away. I enjoyed stand 4 which was a sim pair of l/r crossers that looped and dipped and had you choosing again and again. Stand 7 was a highlight for me - a r/l curling dropping target that was always heading down the slope and hugging the trees until it turned and dropped in front of you with loads of face showing, followed by a l/r looper almost set like a teal shooting up in front of you. Lovely stand, fully of angles and gun speed - with the first bird offering loads of opportunity to miss.

The home stretch had a couple of tricky stands - number 8 with its fast r/l midi with an o/r driven bird off the bank saw a few dropped shots and stand 9 with another curling dropping bird that needed careful attention. The usual stand 10 and 11 with interesting tests of gun speed and leeeeed with shots up on the bank and then close in over head - so much potential to wreck a card.

I felt it was quite testing with a lot of edgy birds and some fast dropping targets that needed to be given enouh to make sure - so I was well happy with a 74ex100 - my new personal record (up from two 72's recently) - and was leading c-class when I left, although I think there were still some good shots out there.

Robo and Tonky both shot well - and it was good fun in the sunshine.

yep.. was a good day to be out on the clays, I agree that it was a testing course at Wylye today !! I came in with a 65 which was just out side the money again !... but ... Im getting closer :wink:

Good to shoot round with Matt and Tonky and was nice to see Mrs Rutherford walking round with us ...

Good enough to win C class Matt. Results up and running tomorrow. I'm going to drink some beer!

PS. Thanks to those of you who completed the proxy voting forms today.

Yes! Very pleased with that - brown envelopes twice in a row at Wylye! Much more importantly, 2 shots better than my previous best and more consistency than I have previously had - plus had a great day out!

Well done matt I'm just a good mascot to have shooting with you as every time we shoot you beat your best score

Latest posts

Back