Wot Rotters they are at Eley

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim

On Monday I opened a new slab of Superbs - the first of four bought on that day and there's three boxes of Olympics in there.  I haven't checked to make sure they are Olympics in those boxes but I assume they are.  I bought them at Countryway Gunshop last February.  Anybody else ever come across this?

Happy Easter to all Shootclayers

Tim

Oh yes had it happen twice, sales dept at the factory not bothered though. I've had myriad quality control problems with Superbs. I was an Eley sponsored shooter from 2006 until November last year when I got so fed up with the problems I wrote to the MD telling him I wouldn't be reapplying for sponsorship in 2014.

All seems to have gone wrong in the last few years as originally the Superbs were fault free and the kills were as good as their name.

On Monday I opened a new slab of Superbs - the first of four bought on that day and there's three boxes of Olympics in there.  I haven't checked to make sure they are Olympics in those boxes but I assume they are.  I bought them at Countryway Gunshop last February.  Anybody else ever come across this?

Happy Easter to all Shootclayers

Tim
Have you checked inside the Olympics boxes.....I bet they are Firsts!

When I get the chance I'll check them and see if they're Olympics actually in the Olympic boxes.

Tim

Please let us know if you get any joy with Eley my compliant has been ignored since

December

Jonz

Gone through thousands of Superbs and had had no issues exept for buying a slab that only contained 9 boxes, but lately from a batch of 500 I've had 10 or more misfires I'm guessing due to hard primers as the pin is hitting it but the cartridge is not firing, it will fire the next time. I'm guessing its the primers not the gun as I'm having no problems with blues or VIP sporting. Going to ride it out for now and see how it goes as I really like the cartridge.

Do what I did when Tomas started altering how things were. Move to Fiocchi graham Morris ran eley very well and now runs fiocchi uk just the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I mainly shoot Superbs and haven't had any issues what so ever with them.

Probably gone through 6k of them this year.

Tried F Blacks but bottom barrel doesnt like and even with new pins wont always go bang..

Been told its a known issue due to hard primers.

I was at a shoot last week where a chap had awful issues with Eley. He had emailed them on numerous occasions but is yet to receive a reply.

I spoke to a ground owner about it, his reply " Tell me about it they won't even reply to me ." He had just received a pallet of what are proving to be problematic Eley Firsts.

How long can you continue to trade, selling none working products?

Do what I did when Tomas started altering how things were. Move to Fiocchi graham Morris ran eley very well and now runs fiocchi uk just the same. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I made sure the Fiocchi door was open before I closed the Eley door.

A misfire caused by a light strike on a primer can be cartridge or gun issue.

Complete missing primers, malformed cartridges than can't be chambered, poor crimps that spill lead, incomplete boxes of cartridges the worst being 21 in one as cartridges were standing vertical in it are due to lousy QC during manufacture. Haven't had any of these issues since moving over to Fiocchi. Didn't have them either with Baschieri & Pellagri before import was ceased forcing the move to Eley.

Have shot tens of thousands of Fiocchi have had no misfires to date.

Had problems with eley, and gamebore in different guns , really like fiocchi but the fblus had about 3 in 500 not go off on first strike. Rest are fine

Look you lot! If you are having problems with Eley , sod off to another manufacturer we don't care, and if we want to put lower quality shells in higher quality boxes we will, and if we want to leave the shot, wad, primer or not bother to crimp the closure we will. If a wad gets crushed and malforms a case, accidents do happen you know .

Note:- This may not be a true reply from Eley.

But you'd never have guessed would you?

No animals or feelings were harmed in the making of this email.

Last edited by a moderator:
The most important thing about cartridges imo is consistency. Speed etc is to a large degree irrelevant in the real world as is antimony (arguably) but if there slow you want consistently slow if there fast ... You get the idea.

ips,

I agree 100%.

But if you buy 10,000 Superb's you want 10,000 not 9900 and a 100 Olympics.

Me I just want 25 to have shot in them and go bang consistently.

I see they have had an explosion at their factory in Tennessee injured 3 killed 1.

Back