WMSG Hodnet this week?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spr

I was thinking of venturing Northwards and would like to shoot at Hodnet ( then maybe Cloudside and Sealand ).

I think Hodnet is only open for practise on Tuesday. Is anybody shooting then who would like to meet up and show me around?

I should give Tommy a ring at hodnet, not sure all the facilities will be open if you just turn up,( you can arrange a round I think if you pre book) open practice sporting usually starts after the clocks change, and the stands reffed from 5pm to 8pm,( Tuesdays) perhaps salopian can shed more light, he's always there.

Any chance you can leave it until 27th March, Cheshire Police Shoot, 100 birder, Hodnet. See advert in current Pull magazine or PM me for contact number, may be some places still left.

Thanks Alan I will give them a call tomorrow.

I need to go this week if it's possible as I am shooting WLSS FITASC on 26th.

Sealand is normally a good morning on Tuesdays , Hodnet open practice from 1p.m. Tuesdays. Cloudside Wednesdays and Saturdays at the moment until BST.

I'm in a group shooting 100 sporting Thursday afternoon at Hodnet this week, you're welcome to join us but need to book you in.

I'm in a group shooting 100 sporting Thursday afternoon at Hodnet this week, you're welcome to join us but need to book you in.
SPORTING, I Just spat my tea out, I will wipe this from my memory 40up we need never mention it again.

Sure it will be fun, dont forget your wellies :)

That's very kind 40UP, that would be fantastic. Can you book me in then please. I have just arrived up North and I have also left my trap gun behind - so sporting is good.
So I could do Sealand or Mickley Hall Tuesday, Cloudside Wednesday and Hodnet Thursday !

A very BIG thank you especially to 40UP and Salopian for looking after me and making me feel very welcome during my northern tour.

I managed Mickley Hall, Cloudside and three shoots at Hodnet (which really is a fantastic ground).

40UP's barrels were apparently even longer than mine.

Yes 40up has a big one, if it makes you feel any better its longer than mine as well in fact i have never seen anyone with one that size but he manages to swing it around with relative ease.

No Phil, its not how big it is but how busy it is :)

Simon,

Thank you.

It just goes to show that size doesn't matter and the eye can deceive. I am surprised to hear that 40UP barrels were long, I really never noticed and after trying Simon's HPX it only confirmed my opinion that they are very pointable guns.

Maybe it's a myth? but as we had only just met, it would have been a bit embarrassing to start measuring them in public.

Latest posts

Back