Wind

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdSolomons

If it blows left to right, and I'm shooting a straight going away bird, do I have to hold on the left edge to allow for the shot getting pushed over?

Also, if I'm closer to the equator does this have some effect on my pellets drop? It would explain why I didn't win in Texas...

Any suggestions greatfuly received.

If it blows left to right, and I'm shooting a straight going away bird, do I have to hold on the left edge to allow for the shot getting pushed over?
Also, if I'm closer to the equator does this have some effect on my pellets drop? It would explain why I didn't win in Texas...
Any suggestions greatfuly received.
Yes. Stop after the third bottle.

More beer for Solomon s .........yws that's him on the floor. .......

I'd have thought the clay would be affected more than the shot, with it being larger and having a bigger profile for the wind to push offline.

I could also be way off the mark, as my logic ain't always sound.

You ponder this Ed but not what your cart wad does when it goes bang.

Figgy

If you're shooting a rabbit clay, you need to allow for the rotation of the earth. I'm not sure whether the earth rotates L-R or R-L though..... :huh:

Should I choke up for orange ones as the paint seems quite thick on some of them...

And don't forget the connection orange ones have to the sun on a sunny day.....!

More gin vicar??

On a serious level Ed.....take more bran in the diet....!

On the subject of wind, if the ref farts loudly when I call "pull" is that a no bird?

Depends if its louder than the report of a small bore rifle. I'd call baulk if it was above .223

perhap's there should be a handicap system in place for windy day's

The coriolis effect would come more into effect the closer you are to the equator, so when shooting anywhere other than the UK you should by cartridges to suit, I have special ones for different parts of the UK even.

Ed. maybe if you use 9's,they'll cut through the wind because they're smaller....

Latest posts

Back