William Powell Phoenix

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zulu Dave

After waiting months and months, and problem after problem with my William Powell Phoenix shotgun, and getting nowhere near a resolution from William Powell to my satisfaction, I have eventually had to resort to legal action. 

The gun, ordered over 2 years ago, and able to be used only very lightly for 6 months during the 19 months from when I originally received it, has been to Benjamin Wild twice, a local gunsmith in Banbury a couple of times, and back to Italy twice.  Gun last seen in November last year.   

I had said on this forum that once I had tried to resolve through the usual customer service channels at William Powell, I would let everyone on here know about my experience.  So, long story short, my legal letter is in, requesting a refund on the gun, and I will be sure to let you know how things turn out.  

I hope that Mike Yardley was correct when he said (albeit in Feb 2013) that Powells care about their product and supporting it ... and that if I gave them a chance, he thought they would put things right.  

Best of luck mate........shame it had to come to this!

Sometimes issues with guns should be expected.  But when you do experience these issues, it wold be nice if someone would at least pick up the phone and discuss it, not make decisions based on what suits the company and their partners, and attempt to remedy the situation quickly. 

A total of 12 months worth of repairs for a gun that is 19 months old is not brilliant. 

The Shooting Industry Awards 2014.

Best Gun Shop.

Guess you weren't on the panel then Dave!

After waiting months and months, and problem after problem with my William Powell Phoenix shotgun, and getting nowhere near a resolution from William Powell to my satisfaction, I have eventually had to resort to legal action. 

The gun, ordered over 2 years ago, and able to be used only very lightly for 6 months during the 19 months from when I originally received it, has been to Benjamin Wild twice, a local gunsmith in Banbury a couple of times, and back to Italy twice.  Gun last seen in November last year.   

I had said on this forum that once I had tried to resolve through the usual customer service channels at William Powell, I would let everyone on here know about my experience.  So, long story short, my legal letter is in, requesting a refund on the gun, and I will be sure to let you know how things turn out.  

I hope that Mike Yardley was correct when he said (albeit in Feb 2013) that Powells care about their product and supporting it ... and that if I gave them a chance, he thought they would put things right.  
So what exactly went wrong with the gun? Just curious really!!

So what exactly went wrong with the gun? Just curious really!!

There were a number of issues really, all reasons I took the £5,600 gun back after a month and half.  

All I would like is a refund of the gun that has proved to be not fit for purpose.  As I stated before, I accept that problems occur occasionally with all guns.  The way that this has been dealt with has not been good, and thats essentially where most of my problem now lies.  I do not like to slag off a company and their products, and if we can get this sorted, there won't be a need to....

....BUT, if they continue the way that they have, and the blame continues to be levelled at me being "overly particular", then I will make sure that everybody I know realises what I (and it seems a few others I have spoken too), have had to deal with.  

I've just had a look on Guntrader at B.Rizzini prices for the same model, the mark up varies a hell of a lot.

Latest posts

Back