Who's where this Sunday? - 2014 (Sporting version)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On holiday and its great. But if I could just tele-transport to Westfield for a few hours tomorrow; well that would be spot on..

I remember returning to work years ago (as a cocky young chap) and being asked where I had been last week, by a pretty down to earth bloke.

Me: I was in LA actually..

Him: What, Little 'Ampton?

Not much on local, its a toss up between St Brides (Dads Army) or Crynant (Take your own clays) 

I have heard Crynant has improved so it gets the nod over St Brides (as I don't fancy taking over 2hrs to shoot 50, fingers crossed...)

Had a good day out at Grange farm today.

Shot like Mr Wonder again, but in my defense, first touch of the gun in over a month.

Went round with a nice pair of gents, most helpful and good company (Rich and Neil).

Definitely be going back.

Not much on local, its a toss up between St Brides (Dads Army) or Crynant (Take your own clays) 

I have heard Crynant has improved so it gets the nod over St Brides (as I don't fancy taking over 2hrs to shoot 50, fingers crossed...)
How was Crynant Mark ? I haven't been there for many moons, not since it got the present owners really but heard lots of different reports some good some bad. I used to go there a lot as its only 20 mins from me, and was a great ground in its day.

How was Crynant Mark ? I haven't been there for many moons, not since it got the present owners really but heard lots of different reports some good some bad. I used to go there a lot as its only 20 mins from me, and was a great ground in its day.
It was much better than my last visit. Had a nice welcome off Chris when he passed us in the car park, he let us know what was on etc. lady in the cabin booked us in, there was tea / coffee and cake on offer if you wanted it.

There were 5 sporting stands on, 2 of which were 1 button, simo pairs. Reasonable targets, some easy, some a bit more testing, nothing silly. Only issue we encountered was on stand 5 where a battery went down, Chris was passing and changed it straight away.

It was good to see an effort being made. Work was being done on the cabin which will improve the facilities once completed. I don't think it would ever be my first choice ground but would visit again given the improvements being made.

It was much better than my last visit. Had a nice welcome off Chris when he passed us in the car park, he let us know what was on etc. lady in the cabin booked us in, there was tea / coffee and cake on offer if you wanted it.

There were 5 sporting stands on, 2 of which were 1 button, simo pairs. Reasonable targets, some easy, some a bit more testing, nothing silly. Only issue we encountered was on stand 5 where a battery went down, Chris was passing and changed it straight away.

It was good to see an effort being made. Work was being done on the cabin which will improve the facilities once completed. I don't think it would ever be my first choice ground but would visit again given the improvements being made.
Good to hear from someone who's been there as the last reports I had heard it had got pretty run down which is a shame as it has been a very good ground for good targets, it has never been the hilton for facilities but we had a great crowd of members there and had some good comps and lots of laughs and fun. I hope it continues to get better as we need grounds this side of the bridge even if it's just for practice.

Southdown for us on Sunday, I am going to have a go at the Fitasc 25 bird open - I figure 25 targets is not too many to endure if it all gets too much for me. Probably stay there the day and do the 100 sporting and if I can get it in the Sportrap as well.

Don't forget everybody, last shoot weekend of the grading period. Get your calculators out; you might be able to manipulate that last score to your advantage, then make oodles for the next six months.

OOPS sorry. That was LAST weekend! The die is cast..

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget everybody, last shoot weekend of the grading period. Get your calculators out; you might be able to manipulate that last score to your advantage, then make oodles for the next six months.

OOPS sorry. That was LAST weekend! The die is cast..
Well I shot a 72/100 last weekend at a registered shoot and that score does not show up yet.

Back