Who's where this Sunday? - 2014 (Sporting version)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cambridge at 10.30 for me. I've been promised a nice, tolerant squad. I only hope they are nice, forgiving birds if my performance today is anything to go by. :-(

Grange for me tommorow , Billy no mates and I'm planning for an early start if anyone wants to join in your welcome

www.proshock.co.uk

Bisley. Their first registered shoot in over 15 years (or something like that) I still have no idea if it's at the clock tower ground or Long Siberia. Looking forward to this as I used to shoot their members shoot every month.

Bisley. Their first registered shoot in over 15 years (or something like that) I still have no idea if it's at the clock tower ground or Long Siberia. Looking forward to this as I used to shoot their members shoot every month.
I look forward to hearing about it.

Went to Hornet and Crazy Bear. Tony couldn't shoot as he's done his lower back in so went round Hornet on my own and I have decided I don't like shooting Sporting on my own. He hobbled round Crazy Bear with me to keep me company.

Bisley Registered:
Never a good idea to shoot after you've had a blazing row with your shooting partner. (And if it's your husband it's even worse as he still not talking to me)(This is why you usually see me shooting on my own. It's easier and I can concentrate on my shooting)
Anyway enough of my matrimonial c**p. I like Bisley Shooting Ground. It's where I learnt to shoot (with John Heagren- who appears to still be driving the Morgan he won at the Strathstone 7 or whatever it was called) and it's where I regularly won lady high gun for many months and years which allowed me to feel good about my shooting. Nice staff, good members shoots but usually about 10 easier than your average registered as they allow for keeping all their learner shooters happy as well as the experienced. So normally 7 nice stands and 3 tougher ones or the equivalent over 12 stands.
Today they put on 15 stands which was a good idea as they expected and got a big turn out. First entries at 9 which meant the punters turned up at 8.30 to book in and the staff turned up at 8.59 faced with a queue of 30-40 people. Whoops.
The shoot was at Cottesloe Heath which is the nicer of their 2 grounds.
Bisley refs have usually been quite good but a few were getting flustered. Initially one was giving everyone 4 pairs when his stand was 3pairs, a couple were struggling with the number of cards - some of the queues were 15 deep. Anyway good range of targets, some difficult especially down at the end stands where they have more space.
Stand 3 had a tricky crosser that flummoxed a lot of people ( I have a good look at other people's cards as I go around.) A juicy pair of sim loopers that I was not ready for (I was still thinking of shooting my other half instead), a nice fast distant midi crosser, then another dropping crosser that everyone seemed to be missing as they were shooting it late - I nailed it by taking it early.
Anyway a good shoot with good targets and it was nice to see George D turning up towards the end - lots of familiar faces there. Those that are regulars at Bisley and the others that are regulars on the registered circuit in the South-east. I hope those unfamiliar with the ground enjoyed it and I hope Bisley do it again.
I think I shot a 78. My average score at Bisley members was 88 so I guess that's about right. Without my handicap of a bad mood and a sulky husband I reckon I should have shot 80+

I shot Bisley today for my first registered. Shot a 70 which I would have been happy with before the start but imploded toward the end including a zero on one stand.

Enjoyed the shoot as a good mix. Only gripe was nowhere to get a cold drink whilst shooting but some posters on trees telling you they were available back at the club house. Could have made a killing on drinks with the weather today.

went to Kingsley Moore to collect winnings for 1st c class (£40) £100 everywhere else. Anyway met with a pal at doveridge and shot an 82 quite happy with that. Never made grange AGAIN will just go direct to grange next time.

Went to Hornet and Crazy Bear. Tony couldn't shoot as he's done his lower back in so went round Hornet on my own and I have decided I don't like shooting Sporting on my own. He hobbled round Crazy Bear with me to keep me company.
Better get him fit for SCC,    :)

:santa:

Hopefully doing  a 50 bird at Lurgashall Sunday,   and if i can wrangle it   either a 50 bird   play on weds (if the eldest comes over )

or might see if i can get down to Shoreham on Thursday evening

Trying to get to Greenfields this sunday logistical nightmare at the moment but been looking forward to the comp they have running sat/sun. time will tell.

Just done a 50 bird straw bailer,  not too bad

Think we got a bit carriied away .,  came away with 42 ex 68 :)

100  registered ESP at Hepworth Hall on Sunday.

Should be a good shoot as it is also the Essex and Hertfordshire County Champs  :hunter:

Back