Who's where on Sunday?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay

Typical just as you're waiting to shoot again all the busses turn up at once! There's a 25OT+25ABT+25UT+30DT at Nutty (Xmas Shoot), 100OT at South Wales, 100OT at NCSC, and 100UT at Rugby. Spoilt for choice !

So who's going where tomorrow? I'm going to NCSC for the OT

Saving myself for ot at bev next week prob shoot abt practice at local ground

So how did ye get on?

Shot 69 in my 1st 100 ut, including a 23 (and a 12 unfortunately! ). Weather good, targets good, food good, overall good

I shot 15, 17, 15, 19. The OT at Bisley was really hard today. For me it was very poor light conditions, couldn't see them out right and that messes with my timing. Jumping, head lifting and all sorts going on, and not just me either. Lots of low scores posted today. I think top score was 83 !  

We had same problem yesterday at Sealand ot practice, very poor light at this time of year. Ot was made for Mediterranean light.

So how did ye get on?

Shot 69 in my 1st 100 ut, including a 23 (and a 12 unfortunately! ). Weather good, targets good, food good, overall good
how did you manage a 12 and a 23 ?

Not sure Ian, those scores were on the same layout too!

Round 1 was 12, just never got going. Couldnt pick up the clays at all. SLow onto them.

Round 3 with the 23 was in bad light too, sun had gone in. Just got "in the zone". If only I could do 4 rounds like that, Id win these shoots! (Joking)

Shot 18 & 16 in the other 2 rounds. Think 93 was top score. Arnie got 88.

Shot the 100ot at sw2000. Very tricky light conditions, high gun was 88, I was 2nd with a disappointing 81, 18 on my final round was an unfortunate finish to an otherwise enjoyable day despite conditions. First comp since early August so won't be too hard on myself.

Shot the 100ot at sw2000. Very tricky light conditions, high gun was 88, I was 2nd with a disappointing 81, 18 on my final round was an unfortunate finish to an otherwise enjoyable day despite conditions. First comp since early August so won't be too hard on myself.
Well shot mate, as I eluded to in another thread its the score on the day compared to the HG that really tells about performance, not getting a score that the classification system would have you believe is the correct one. 2nd overall that is what matters, anyway you and I would have been more than pleased with an 81 at some the shoots this year :)

Yeah I would have given my left testicle for an 81 at southern counties early last year!

And I would have given the right one ...... :)

I shot 15, 17, 15, 19. The OT at Bisley was really hard today. For me it was very poor light conditions, couldn't see them out right and that messes with my timing. Jumping, head lifting and all sorts going on, and not just me either. Lots of low scores posted today. I think top score was 83 !  
The light was very poor at Bisley on Sunday morning, I shot DTL at around 09:15 I shall blame that for my poor first round of 19!!!

I watched Carl Miles shoot OT and he had clear glasses on and I think had a first round of 21 and was on to a reasonable score on a later one. With no glasses on I was able to see the orange clay well, from the path.

At this time of year with very bad light and shadows etc lens choice (if indeed you can find the correct one) is critical. I tried 4 different lans on sat and still could not lock onto the target properly and neither could anyone else.

At this time of year with very bad light and shadows etc lens choice (if indeed you can find the correct one) is critical. I tried 4 different lans on sat and still could not lock onto the target properly and neither could anyone else.
I never change lenses!!! I use vermillion all the time. Tried other ones over the years but never got comfortable with them for some reason.

Latest posts

Back