Who to vote for

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White collar crime is a phrase coined by the press, it includes both "legal" as well illegal modes of money appropriation. 

We can argue the point between ISA's and "legal" loopholes till the cows come home but if you're predisposed to believing that morality and the spirit of the law are irrelevant then nothing will come of it.

You and I can both partake of legal and openly advertised tax efficient means of savings such as ISA's (SO CAN GREEN and his wife) that's the difference. Try and see if HMRC will entertain you trying to wangle out of X grands worth of due taxes by saying your wife owns the company and is non domicile. The loopholes are in place for the rich only, ordinary people simply don't have access to either the advice or the mechanism to make it work. 

Don't forget also that all the monies nicked by such means ends up in untraceable foreign accounts earning interest and of course never paying any back in return. It's what is wrong with our planet. Do you know why property is nearly impossible to buy now for the young in places like London ? It's hooky money from abroad (being laundered effectively) which snaps up everything creating a false market value, the rents being charged in turn will make you faint. The victim is the ordinary person whom successive governments have sold down the river by turning a blind eye to far too many issues. 
'Crime' suggests illegal activity. I suggest you phrase it another way unless you are a tabloid journalist.

ISAs are no different in principle from any other tax efficient means. They are legal and available, just on a different scale to Google/Facebook etc. The end result is still the same.... legal tax efficiency. Millions of us do it.

property is very expensive in London due to supply and demand.... simple as. Yep, some dodgy money has come in but at the end of the day. It's down to supply and demand.

p.s it won't make me feint. I might only be a physio but my wife isn't.......?

Been watching some news, I must have missed the bit where Mr Corbyn & the Labour Party "won" 

No ones "won"

They were 60 seats off a majority against probably the worst PM/election campaign we've had in a long time..... strange concept of winning if you ask me. 

It's obviously true that Labour didn't win, but neither did the Tories.

They have lost their working majority, and all the work that went into getting the Brexit schedule through both Houses has now been thrown into the dumpster. There will no longer be a hard brexit, and any brexit other than a hard brexit will not be acceptable. We will still be ruled, effectively, by Brussels. Some people might might be happy with that, but I am not.

Theresa May has needlessly thrown us to the wolves. It's small wonder that the EU are champing at the bit to start the "negotiations" with the UK. There must have been a huge party in Brussels on Friday night. I can almost hear the echo of "For she's a jolly good fellow", sung in 27 languages, reverberating around the EU lounge bar.

She had two years to negotiate with the EU before the next election, and she had the support of both Houses to do so, but no ......... she had to chance her arm and prove how strong she is, and look what the result is.

There will have to be another election in the Autumn. The Conservative party cannot continue in government, either with or without TM as the PM. They won't be able to go to the loo without permission from the rest of parliament, never mind forcing any Bill's through the Houses.

Thank you, Theresa. You have single handedly destroyed Britain as an independent entity.
vahidrk.gif

Latest posts

Back