Who is Governing Clayshooting for the benefit of Clayshooters?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salopian

As the tile says, who is governing, who is interfering.

Reading various threads on here about Team selection, Academies, Team uniforms, Talent Pathways, British Shooting , BICTSF, CPSA.

I really have had enough, surely we just want to compete?

The CPSA do have a CEO, you know, who knows very little about the sport, you know, but is on most of the other organisations Boards or Committees , you know. Since he has been in post our sport as descended into turmoil.

Probably not his fault at all , but as CEO he should be managing these situations.

Do we really have to put up with this constant interference from British Shooting or are they actually just full of BS?

The whole sport from a National & International organisational point of view it seems is in total chaos.

I don't do politics, but I have two questions. Who chooses the persons in the top jobs on these boards and what the hell were they thinking when they chose someone who knows nothing of the sport?

You could come up with a reasonable conspiracy theory regarding this. Or you could just say "you couldn't make it up!"

You can do a great job of running an organisation without being close to the industry / sport as long as you bring a lot of other skills (which are often missing from somebody very close to the sport / industry). In fact not being entrenched in the sport side can mean a fresh view is brought in, with no "wood for the trees" syndrome. HOWEVER, such a person will need a great team of people who DO know the sport to confer with and listen to for best balance.

We have & had the tools in our hands to address the situation, 

Yet when offered the chance, apathy ruled and we got what we got.

If you want change it can happen, but  you (we) have to be prepared and would have to work bloody hard to deliver.

This is a general statement, and not aimed at anyone BTW   :)

So we are presented with the tools to oust the incumbent team, to which we duly do.

Then what?  What do we have to offer

Where & what is our immediate, mid term, long term plan?  who are our key figures to take these positions,

Are they willing to make the sacrifices that would ensue?   - its quite demanding running an organisation, despite what people think.

If you stand in front of an AGM, and pull off, ousting the  board,  are you ready to go immediately?  remember you now  have the whole of the organisation in your hands,  and a vast number of other organisations are then looking at you.

Ive been there and done that,  its amazing how much sh*t you get from fellow sportsmen & women, when they think the boat will be rocked. Yet ask them to help, and they run a mile. 

The other alternative, is a credible alternative. 

Look at football, they made a huge change in the 90's to a model that benefited  the  top 20 clubs, and changed the face of UK  football  forever.

So yes anything is possible, but  you need to have the alternative ready to go first 

:santa:

Last edited by a moderator:
You cannot oust the board at an AGM.....just saying :wink:

Indeed,  and i stand corrected,

but you get my drift, its not just a quick your out, were in type scenario

:santa:
Correct ...she sighs....

It would take years of picking them off 2 at a time by not re electing them to the board.....and then if they are rejected in a national post....they can creep back in and take over again...if they are lucky enough to live in a 'I don't care who runs the show' region.

Ooops hang on.....they are all I don't care who runs the show regions.

Nope....we are wasting our time discussing it.....

HOW will the future go......who knows.....

British Shooting could take over all the bits it wants....and discard the rest.

FITASC disciplines shooters will then split away from a dying Bictsf and form into to a new body for fans of international shooting and be competition only based....and their shooters of course will leave Cpsa...and others...because they no longer need to be in the home nations.

Shooters who just shoot for fun and not bothered about scores will revert back to the many good straw balers....and will leave Cpsa...and others....and carry on having a good time.

Cpsa might hit a critical mass of lost members and reduce its operation before being fully swallowed up by BS.

So what would happen to the C-A class shooters happy at just playing at home. I hope someone has a plan for them.

Anyway......not my circus....not my monkeys :wink:

Think you've just outlined the most likely scenario, C-A I would have thought would lump in with the fun shooters. Was thinking what I would do if I'd self funded right to the top and couldn't even get a GB uniform, probably forgo the likes of the CGs & Olympics and just go for the major Opens making it absolutely crystal clear that the governing bodies had naff-all to do with any medals I won.

Its Great Britain for heavens sake not Botswana.

HOW will the future go......who knows.....
British Shooting could take over all the bits it wants....and discard the rest.
FITASC disciplines shooters will then split away from a dying Bictsf and form into to a new body for fans of international shooting and be competition only based....and their shooters of course will leave Cpsa...and others...because they no longer need to be in the home nations.
Shooters who just shoot for fun and not bothered about scores will revert back to the many good straw balers....and will leave Cpsa...and others....and carry on having a good time.
Cpsa might hit a critical mass of lost members and reduce its operation before being fully swallowed up by BS.

Think you've just outlined the most likely scenario, C-A I would have thought would lump in with the fun shooters. Was thinking what I would do if I'd self funded right to the top and couldn't even get a GB uniform, probably forgo the likes of the CGs & Olympics and just go for the major Opens making it absolutely crystal clear that the governing bodies had naff-all to do with any medals I won.

Its Great Britain for heavens sake not Botswana.
They may go and join the straw bale shoots and have fun. But some others now see them self as being different or wanting more challenge or happy having progressed into chasing rises in the class in Class system. And I think these are the ones that would suffer (and I suspect they are the great majority of our shooters) BS is only Olympic focused and does not give a toss about shooters choices or opinion....it repels all who correct it.... It is the classic Big Hat...No Cattle. If CPSA disappears or gets swallowed up.....who looks after these shooters. Suppose a new Fitasc body welcomes all and is happy to train newcomers in the sport.....but is a competition body only....to build future international teams.....and has a NO Birds Only rule. (Which any serious internationally focused body should be).

Where do the birds only entries go to play...?

The straw bale shoots might take up this sort of challenge.

Who knows what the future holds with the current problems and master plan as highlighted in the Fab interview given by 'you know'....you know.

So I have decided to ignore his advice in the program as to the way forward to international medals.....and concentrate all my training up to the Worlds in September....on being 'LUCKY'....you know ..... It has worked well for me countless times in the past ....you know.

We may not be seen as programme professionals on FITASC disciplines......but boy oh boy......we must have everyone in shooting's LUCK....considering how many medals FITASC disciplines return each year.

#pleasedontletabscoachnearmytrainingiwanttowin

:laugh:

I have never in my entire life managed to understand why we have so many governing bodies in shooting as a whole. OK it is said that each bodies represents a given group, but would it not be better to have just a single body covering ALL those who shoot, then within it just have various sections. At least that way poilitical clout could be better, because such a body would represent ALL gun owners. Is this utopia? Yes more than likely it is and it's not likely to happen either. Too many folk with too many vested interests at stake I would guess.

You can do a great job of running an organisation without being close to the industry / sport as long as you bring a lot of other skills   
Which exactly why The CPSA, the other associations and possibly even the whole country is in such a mess!

At my level in work, if I take on somebody who cannot pick and pack an order correctly, they have to be got rid of, because it will harm the business if they continue.

How many times do we see people allocated top positions because of their genetics, politics, what university they went to, what tie they wear, what club they belong to or what handshakes they can perform under pressure?

These characters know nothing of the people's jobs below them, and yet they control the destinies of so many good, hard working, honest people. When they make a mess of things they shed a load of staff to "cut costs", and when they cock it up big time, and have to be removed, they receive massive payouts as a reward for failure.

At least in the old days at The CPSA, under the control of the likes of Page, Orduna or Boakes, these guys were shooters and knew what was needed, even if they did not know how to run a Limited Company (Big mistake in my opinion), but as a club for shooters it had all we needed. It was run on a shoestring, using manual methods with roughly the same membership as we have today, with our computer assisted collection of salaried staff and hangers' on, who's only interest is in feathering their own nests and competing for jollies at our (the members) expense.

So in response to the original question, I think the answer is - NOBODY!  :hot:

I have never in my entire life managed to understand why we have so many governing bodies in shooting as a whole. OK it is said that each bodies represents a given group, but would it not be better to have just a single body covering ALL those who shoot, then within it just have various sections. At least that way poilitical clout could be better, because such a body would represent ALL gun owners. Is this utopia? Yes more than likely it is and it's not likely to happen either. Too many folk with too many vested interests at stake I would guess.
Being as only 48% of the population vote(I think ).

Why don't we start our own political party.

UKFP. United Kingdom Firearms Party.

Hamster - as prime minister.

Oldblaster - second in command.

Skeet - as treasury minister of formulaes.

Les - minister for common sense.

Me - minister for utter rubbish and tosh (similar to what we have already).

Will - house speaker to keep the calm when bore size = less recoil is discussed.

Any other suggestions.

Back