What is the advantage of very extended chokes?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Advertising, make a smart looking extended choke with your name and logo on it and hay presto walking adverts at every ground. And they pay you for the privilege 
The problem is I'm a right sucker for a smart looking bit of kit with big writing on, in fact I feel the need to buy some right now! .

I cannot believe that the original manufacturer would disadvantage his gun by not giving it the best possible choking and therefore diminish his sales share by causing other people to buy other guns?

Simply marketing hype i do believe that some may be 0.00000001% better with the specific cartridge they were tested with if at all ;)

Next invention will be a choke cam to see it in action!
pmsl ?

As for shot patterns they produce, NOT A LOT!

Although, they are heavier, so can help change the balance of the gun if like me you are very tall and hold the gun a long way forward on the fore end.

Extra weight on the front can help with muzzle flip too and they are easier to change if you're a twiddler!

I like the look of the Breiley Helix chokes but the ones that came with my gun work well enough.

Latest posts

Back