Weston Wood 20/11

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzrat

Another good shoot at Weston, top effort Steve. Had a nice bird off the tower by the pond, trap arm wound right off so it only just cleared the tower then gliding down into the pond in front of you, just like a duck splashing down /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif  top marks for originality. Some really good scores in when I left about half 1ish, Chris Childerhouse banged in a 98 (apparently dropped 2 on the same stand then straight the rest /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif ) Mickey Rouse with a 97 and young R Cox, a Junior, with 82  to lead C /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif  A class for him at the end of the month tho /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif I hit my target of breaking 70 before the end of the year with an even 70 /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif  and mrs Fuz put in her best round for a while with a 45 /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif I think that many just looking at the scores may think this was a soft one but I believe it was far from it, some very tricky little angles. Personally I picked up a lot of what I was leaving behind in the last few weeks not missing as many later birds on the stand. When I missed it tended to be the first bird then found it and cleared up so happy with that. Onwards and upwards /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif Fuzrat

Well done good effort for both you and the mrs./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

I enjoyed Weston today, as ever, despite my hangover..It didn't feel easy to me, so I was amazed to see so many high scores!CSC3

Just returned from w woods.same as you ,i think this was a fab shoot no stands to hard but you just had to concentrate and work at them.i managed a fair 85,the two other lads i shot with put in 92 and a 88.Yes Chris Childerhouse won high gun and the new power shoot and also put a 20 in to win the poolshoot.

Indeed, that was the general feeling around the clubhouse. Trickier than the scores suggested. what did you shoot Will?

Very good shoot, nice variety of targets nothing silly, liked the stand by the pond caught a few people out./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

No question Chris Childerhouse is a class act. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif 

HiI managed an 83, which is but 5 or so fewer than I feel I should have. Only a couple of targets that I misread. Otherwise it was just sloppiness.. As I said, enjoyable though!Csc3

No question Chris Childerhouse is a class act. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif He bloody well is! The two he missed were pretty simple rabbits. Maybe they bounced?Csc3

havent we all missed that pesky rabbit that bounces just as we shot at it.The stand up the scaffolding let me down.two going away and two pink low loopers.

On the platform, I was hitting the white away, but was conscious that my face was off the stock. I rammed my face down properly on the last one and missed it! Two of my rabbits bounced, but I still managed them all. Phew..CSC3

big leed and as much under for the looper.It didn't look as if it needed that much but that's where i found it.And the other problem today was watching the others shooting that midi looper at the far end,insted of doing myown thing i tryed there tacktic,eg,shoot it on the drop.No good, i missed two like that . Then decided to shoot it at the peek and smashed it.It goes to show some times its no good to watch others,

AH Mr Lovatt.Your lookin in on what we are all saying about your shoot for today, well done those new springs are just the job.And nice to see the club house has had a lick of paint.

Tried early, late, 3 miles of lead, half an inch of lead and still couldnt find that wee beastie /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cry.gif  made some nice smoke out of the second bird on that stand though /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif

Tried early, late, 3 miles of lead, half an inch of lead and still couldnt find that wee beastie /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cry.gif  made some nice smoke out of the second bird on that stand though /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif7 feet of lead, right at the top..Csc3

Cheers mate, I dont like having a bird I dont hit, Learnt nothing from it. Much rather only hit 1, at least I can think ok so its only one but I will know for next time/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

ase 90 said:

Big lead and as much under for the looper. It didn't look as if it needed that much but that's where I found it.And the other problem today was watching the others shooting that midi looper at the far end, instead of doing my own thing I tried their tactic, e.g shoot it on the drop. No good, I missed two like that . Then decided to shoot it at the peak and smashed it. It goes to show sometimes its no good to watch others.    Definitely agree, watching others can be a double edged sword, at times it helps if you're really unsure how to tackle a strange bird. Often a lesser shooter can show you the way /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif. BUT play to your own strengths if you know you can hit most of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back