Westfield 120 Reg Sporting - Sunday 22nd March

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very good score mate id be happy to get that score on my first reg comp when I do my first. Agree with the ear defenders though. I had to where them at work so when it came to shooting I went for in ear plugs.

Was my first time at Westfield yesterday, course gave me a bit of a beating to say the least. Only been shooting clays since October, I'm going to try and make this my practice ground. Should make the others I go to feel a bit easier! Thoroughly enjoyed it though.

Yes another great course and some stunning shooting by the top guys. Found myself at a real low-point. This was akin to tripping in the playground as a kid; you know, that fall where you stub your toe, sprain your wrist, graze your knees and finally block the fall with your face. This week, I will be applying the appropriate mental bandages and splints.

Keep your chin up Will,,,, I'm sure that you'll be back stronger than ever, you have to go backwards to go forwards as they say.....

What happens when your going nowhere? Because that's how I feel!

Just can't pull consistent high scores together. And as for Westfield I had my pants pulled down.

Westfield was great, but pretty full on. If you were off form it would always find you out. Form is a funny thing. In December I hit 101 and felt it was sloppy. This time I missed over twice as many! The targets looked awesome to me, so mostly I was overdoing it. Equally, last summer when I was in the 90's (out of 100) regularly, it just felt fairly easy. Funny old game..

I have just changed gun like your self Will.

Gone from a 28" game beretta with a 14 3/4 stock to a mk38 32" with 16" stock which now fits. It's very heavy and long. I'm really struggling to get in front of fast birds at the moment. But it will get there soon.

Yes another great course and some stunning shooting by the top guys. Found myself at a real low-point. This was akin to tripping in the playground as a kid; you know, that fall where you stub your toe, sprain your wrist, graze your knees and finally block the fall with your face. This week, I will be applying the appropriate mental bandages and splints.
Get shot of that DT11 quick!!! Your not shooting well with is at all!!!

you should of sharpened your best tool!! Instead of changing it!

This was with the Blaser. Practiced like a demon Friday with it. Feels great. Just stuffed my head temporarily when pressure is on. I hope!

I have just changed gun like your self Will.

Gone from a 28" game beretta with a 14 3/4 stock to a mk38 32" with 16" stock which now fits. It's very heavy and long. I'm really struggling to get in front of fast birds at the moment. But it will get there soon.
Hold further out is the likely fix. Good luck.

Hi will, back in November I purchased a Perazzi mx2000s. From reading previous threads I notice you were at one time a Perazzi shooter, how do you find the Blaser compares? Im very interested in a vantage when they become slightly more accessible. I had a CG summit ascent and found I shot well with it but I found the gun very bulky.

Thanks tom

Hi will, back in November I purchased a Perazzi mx2000s. From reading previous threads I notice you were at one time a Perazzi shooter, how do you find the Blaser compares? Im very interested in a vantage when they become slightly more accessible. I had a CG summit ascent and found I shot well with it but I found the gun very bulky.

Thanks tom
My Perazzi was stock heavy, so other ones may well feel a bit different. I have picked up various other Perazzis of course. The Blaser professional feels similar to a Perazzi though. Basically they are good sensible guns with no oddities. K80, DT11 and some others are very distinct in their unique features. The Blaser is just a sensible tool (like a Perazzi) and with all the balance weights to play with it can feel however you want really.
I have not tried other Blaser models..

Last edited by a moderator:
My Perazzi was stock heavy, so other ones may well feel a bit different. I have picked up various other Perazzis of course. The Blaser professional feels similar to a Perazzi though. Basically they are good sensible guns with no oddities. K80, DT11 and some others are very distinct in their unique features. The Blaser is just a sensible tool (like a Perazzi) and with all the balance weights to play with it can feel however you want really.

I have not tried other Blaser models..
just wondering Will but why did you change guns last year when you were shooting so well with the Perazzi?

just wondering Will but why did you change guns last year when you were shooting so well with the Perazzi?
Hi Nick, somebody else asked me exactly this today on FB messenger. Cut and pasted:

Greed. Was on my top form and thought I could gain another couple of clays with a change. (Perazzi was imperfect fit and was feeling a touch barrel light). So reprogrammed myself to very heavy DT11; meaning P gun is unshootable now. Blaser feels like best compromise and I'm really not blaming the gun now. The whole episode just shook my head I think.

Hi will thanks for the reply, the thing I like most about the perazzi is the lack of adjustability. No adjustable comb, no adjustable POA, fixed trigger and fixed choke at 1/2 & 1/2 so I don't even have to move the barrel selector. the only problem I'm having is I still get that what if itch in the back of my mind. I know in terms of a clay busting gun you can't get much better but there is different and you don't know unless you try.

Hi will thanks for the reply, the thing I like most about the perazzi is the lack of adjustability. No adjustable comb, no adjustable POA, fixed trigger and fixed choke at 1/2 & 1/2 so I don't even have to move the barrel selector. the only problem I'm having is I still get that what if itch in the back of my mind. I know in terms of a clay busting gun you can't get much better but there is different and you don't know unless you try.
Precisely. After 7 years of shooting one gun, I just couldn't help thinking that maybe something had moved on.. It set me on a journey that in hindsight I may not have done.. Realistically, the gun is not now the issue. Just confidence and focus.

Latest posts

Back