Westfield 120 Reg Sporting - Sunday 22nd March

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sold. I will be there at some point in Sunday, hopefully with HardFocus and Tebbsy. It should be a good chance to meet some new faces which I will undoubtedly see on a regular basis around the grounds.

Keep an eye out for the person preserving the most clays, that will be me :-D

Nope, you can turn up and shoot birds only. You cannot enter the comp without a cpsa number

Well geographically it is the closest ground to me so I will go along, even if I choose to shoot targets only.

If anyone wants company when going around that won't take the piss too mercilessly then I wouldn't mind. I'm hoping to meet with Hardfocus whilst there so if the pair of us are welcome in a squad it would be welcome.
Compared to when I started, you have the advantage of this forum, so you will be in good company and get shown the way somewhat. I suppose the shooting in itself is secondary as you will have the whole experience and meet some nice guys. It would be daunting on your own and tbh, set yourself a goal of 30%. Many on here have forgotten just how green they were 4 weeks in! Enjoy it and maybe say hi.

Will he will meet nice girls too!!!!   I remember my very day of shooting apart from the lesson I had at West London to see if I liked it was Wylye and I got 23/100 - a baptism of fire :)

Funnily enough sian other then my mate the first person I shot with was wylye when I picked my gun up off him. He is top bloke. I thank him for the better shooting I'm doing now. He worked on my mount and stance with me.

Will be there early doors, time to commence worrying....

Looking forward to meeting a few off the forum.

This should act as a nice bit of training for the registered shoot at Prescott on 4th April.

Nah dont worry, Steve wont bite, well he might but isnt too bad. Its a lovely walk though the rolling cotswolds with a bit of noise making thrown in for good measure. See you for bacon butties!

I'm looking forward to it, in a strange way, to set a benchmark to improve upon.

Thanks for coordinating the trip, Tebbsy!

On a side note.....Do they accept card payments for shooting/food there? 

I'm looking forward to it, in a strange way, to set a benchmark to improve upon.

Thanks for coordinating the trip, Tebbsy!

On a side note.....Do they accept card payments for shooting/food there?
Cash or cheque to pay for the shoot. Cash for food I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
please note folks we do actually take credit cards for shoot entries to the competition , but the pool shoot or white gold is cash as the entries are up the field away from the clubhouse , hope this helps , see you all in the morning 

please note folks we do actually take credit cards for shoot entries to the competition , but the pool shoot or white gold is cash as the entries are up the field away from the clubhouse , hope this helps , see you all in the morning 
Steve

Does this apply to Weston Wood aswell?

Well I never. That's good news.

Well.....that was a learning curve!

Thank you Hardfocus, Tebbsy and Choke for letting me join them round. I feel I served my purpose in making everyone look good!

Steve, what a fantastic facility. I think it's stating the obvious but you certainly put on a challenging layout; yet even complete beginners are able to get some rewarding kills.

As far as the general crowd goes, everyone was approachable and friendly. The experience certainly set the right tone for the sport and I look forward to shooting with you all again in the (hopefully) near future.

Now, how much does it cost to get my name and score scrubbed off the records?!

I managed 46/120 which is about 38%, I had a mental benchmark of 25% after people talking about the level of target presentations so I am pleased!

When I left (13:30) the highest score was 101/120 so looking to be a challenging layout.

Two things I learnt were that over ear defenders are just not comfy enough for long periods of wear so I need to invest in some moulded plugs. I also need to bring a drink with me.

For a month you did well.

You're right - always have a drink with you. I take energy bars round with me too.

Phil

Latest posts

Back