Westfield 11.3.12

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

Shot this today. (obviously..)

As usual, a very good shoot with nice mix of targets. I screwed up in two ways. Mainly, I just didn't tackle one stand at all well. 2 ex 8! It was an orange quartering from right ( hard to see) and a low incomer through a gap in a wall, which I never hit. Must have been above them. Pathetic show. Only straighted one stand, on the low platform, pink l-r and r-l crosser.

Other than that I just kept dropping birds on last pair, about 4 times. Finished on disappointing 79. No idea about other scores as I left early, but it was firm most of the way round so perhaps nobody will break 94?

I had a go on the pool and hit 10 ex 12, so not bad.

Keen to hear how others did. Fuzrat just going out as I left..

Cheers CSC3

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a couple of card wreckers as usual. kept dropping silly birds not conscentrating hitting first 6 and dropping last 2.Finished on 66. Ady Johnson was leading when i left with 87.

Think fuzzy shot a 71,88 was winning when i left but i recon there,s a 92/93 there, i shot an 84,dropping odd one,s and two,s,one stand that caught many out was the simo r-l off the tower. All in all thought it was a cracking shoot,thourally enjoyed it,just goes to show you don,t have to put 70 yard edge on crossers to catch people out :)

Yes, I would have been fairly happy with an 84 (achievable simply by not screwing one stand up horribly). The tower was deceptive, mainly due to the wind. The birds screamed out, with about 6 foot breaking the midi. Then the second bird had virtually stopped. Only hit that once, with about a foot of lead bottom right..

The two L-R from the floor also caught many out. I hit the first six, then thought about it and dropped two..

CSC3

Yep, 71 for me, 3rd in c when I left :D Reasonably stiff course as expected from Westfield. Had a few no-birds today which is a rare for Steves grounds. the pair of orange that Clever screwed up I hit about 8 of the first bird in a row but only 2 counted then I lost them when steve sorted out the other trap :angry: problem was pieces of clay from the first bird hitting the trap behind the wall and people managing to shoot the trap somehow even though it was behind a drystone wall!

Am trying an experiment for the next month of shooting 3/4 and full and only changing out for a skeet choke on the real close stuff and doesnt seem to have affected me so far :D should have perhaps put a skeet in for the close r-l at the top of the hill followed by the excellent midi off the tower (hit 3 ex 4 of the long midi so well pleased) but dropped 2 of the real close one. But saying that shooting tight chokes probably picked me up a few more than I lost such as on the simo pair off the tower I could shoot the second a lot later (6ex8) and the simo overhead I could shoot later and not be bothered by the sun.

Watched Carl Bloxham shoot the stand behind the club house and he dropped 1 of the r-l crosser so my 6 following him felt reasonably good. Chatting to him afterward I think he said he shot 87 and I beat him on the simo off the tower :D

Great weather, good course and fine bakewell tart, what more could you ask for on a sunday!

Hopefully :D Really good to see the second bird behind the clubhouse turn to dust through a full choke :lol: :.:

Full choke is good to use for really finding targets. It will take you forward, but as you found, with that close r-l you are shooting with a pattern about the size of the clay itself. I decided a while back to forget chokes, but I went for half and half, not full and full. I aint that good.. Half smokes most things if you have a decent cartridge and are sticking the middle of the pattern on the clay..

CSC3

Joint PB - a second 72 in a row... but grumpy that I dropped my last shot of the day after hitting 4 out 4 pairs... never mind!

Thanks for explaining the no birds fuzzy, Steve said you were there when he was trying to sort it out. Sadly things do happen, in an ideal world Steve would have taken all the clays off, removed all the troublesome bits and it would have all been OK again but with 176 entries you can appreciate time wasn't on his side and he had to do what he could to get things moving. :(

Really pleased with the entry, Wyle was busy too so it's great to hear that many of you are out there!! Results are below but they'll be coming out in full with the email tomorrow:

AA1 Chris Childerhouse 94

AA2 Arnie Palmer 91

=AA3 Alex Cobb 90

=AA3 M Pennington 90

A1 Billy Baxter 89

A2 Stewart Gordon 88

A3 John Peck 87

B1 Vinney Le Prevost 85

=B2 SR King 83

=B2 David Florent 83

C1 P Rhind 76

C2 Neil Gardiner 74

C3 Andy Gray 71

Lady A Al-Turki 68

Junior Ryan Cox

Vet M Harding 86

Pool: Chris Childerhouse 17 B/C Class winner Mark Roberts 11

£1100 Paid out...!

Thanks to all that came, hope you had a good day :)

cheers Tiptop :)

"176 entries you can appreciate time wasn't on his side" Never seen him running around as fast filling traps, well maybe weston after the xmas break ;)

very nice shoot... :) .havent been to westfield for over a year. :( . disapointed with a78. :angry: :(

Latest posts

Back