West Midlands ESP Championship & England Selection Shoot Longridge

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

Long last the weather improved and a pleasant two days for this Championship and Selection shoot. Will add I was there for both day both manning a stand (stand 10, l-r crosser with a report driven, sorry if I didn't get to say hello) and also shot the course ( very badly just didn't get anything right etc)

12 stands, ten being 4x report pairs and two, stand six a r-l pair (std and mini I think) and stand 11 having 5x simo pairs. Was interesting to hear the chat from all and sundry when they were working through the course, will admit a few had a grumble but overwhelming most seemed relatively pleased with the set up of the course, although perplexed that they had dropped birds left right and centre.

It was as per title both a Championship and an English Selection shoot and as expected most targets were set to test / push but never imtimidate the shooter, a real devil was a pair of quick quartering oragne clays on stand 7 these really testing the reflexes, these saw a few crashed cards. Must add that even the so say card filler stands could trip you, we'll they more than did me.

As a side note the stand I manned, on day 1 the crossing target was dropped much more often than the driven, on the Sunday the crosser was rarely missed the driven though appeared to some to be indestructble and it was dropped with alarming consistency.

Saw quite a few juniors and colts over the two days, and it was a colt J Attwood with a 94 on day 1 who took high gun, as for the West Midlands Championship think at present its awaiting a shoot off as N Hendricks and C Durrant both carded 93's

Back