West London Premier League this Saturday

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think last card number was 236. As you say very little waiting and few hold ups. Ground looked immaculate and good on them for bringing in the extra loos and putting on the refreshment stop out on the ground. Nice selection of targets for us mere mortals to enjoy. Looking forward to see what Southdown put on in July!

The ground looked great. Very well sorted catering and facilities. The targets were on the soft side overall, which was just what I needed after a few gruelling shoots lately. Many were distant, but showing face with time to shoot them.

The targets suited me and I had a good day with no silly misses. I had a no-bird which I missed and should have argued about, plus a distraction with a flock of birds behind a high orange, which I missed but decided not to claim. (Idiot). So my 95 was pleasing given those!

Really enjoyed it.
Argue with a Ref ???.......

Thats not very sporting !!!

I hope you all enjoyed it, The reason for the lack of queues is due to 14 stands all very well placed so on most you could not see the next stand. 

Great what you can hide with Trees :)

One of the best organised events I have been to in 18 months of shooting. Only equalled by the shootclay cup ( about which I believe  there will soon be news having spoken to Matt at WLSS )

Noticable too that the CPSA has the results up ( or at least partially as the spreadsheet is not filled in yet  ), having a rep on site can't hurt I suppose, not having to rely on carrier pigeon! :)  

Very good shoot, nice variety of targets... my card was ruined by two stands.... the high driven, and the battue/chondel combination on 12 & 13 which between them cost me eleven targets (!) - managed to straight a few stands for the first time in ages and finished on a 77 - which is better than for ages. 

I shot with GavB and a mate - and we were first on stand one, flew round the course which looked lovely.

Didn't get many (if any) no birds - and hospitality & reffing was excellent. 

One of the things that impresses me about the Premier League business is the speed at which scores go online - is there a proof of concept that @RichW1234 could do to show how more grounds could do this with just a little bit of organisation. 

One of the things that impresses me about the Premier League business is the speed at which scores go online - is there a proof of concept that @RichW1234 could do to show how more grounds could do this with just a little bit of organisation. 
Is it a different view or preview to a full shoot report as if I search under my own name I dont see the WLSS score yet?

You are right - should probably have made the distinction. 

I'm cool with scores not being added to 'my averages' quickly - but just the posting of full scores/results quickly would create a bit more of a spectacle of shooting. People want to know where they stand quickly.  Getting the PDF of scores by class or stand online straight after the event closes seems like a pretty trivial exercise to me.

Teams like the Lovatts, Adam @ Grange, EJC, Southdown, Gunsite and a few others do it as a matter of course - feels like it should be every ground to me. 

I think the CPSA really ought to explain to grounds that it is "highly encouraged" for all registered shoots to display scores on the day of the shoot; with tuition of how to do so for any old-school ground owners.

Of course, the problem would best be solved by an upgrade to the CPSA scores system, whereby the ground fill in the scores list and it uploads live to the CPSA site for all to see. I seem to remember that I was told a good while ago that this was in the pipeline.

Latest posts

Back