West London Premier League. 27.2.16

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

Looking forward to this, as WLSS is a lovely place to shoot. Thanks to a colossal amount of spoil from the M40 construction turned into landscape, the ground looks like somewhere in Devon or Scotland, not the flat land that is actually Northolt. 

Last years event featured too many soft stands but everything ran like clockwork and was very well organised including the catering for such a big entry. 

I may be a late entry as I think I'm watching my son rowing in the morning..

Looking forward to this, as WLSS is a lovely place to shoot. Thanks to a colossal amount of spoil from the M40 construction turned into landscape, the ground looks like somewhere in Devon or Scotland, not the flat land that is actually Northolt. 

Last years event featured too many soft stands but everything ran like clockwork and was very well organised including the catering for such a big entry. 

I may be a late entry as I think I'm watching my son rowing in the morning..
Looking forward to it too as I only live 5/10 mins away.  Late entry also as Tony busy in the morning.  I don't  think I found it that easy last year but I am hoping my skill set has improved somewhat.

Thinking about doing the nearly 2hr drive up for this.  Not bothered about the League itself, but I've never shot at WLSS and it seems like a good opportunity to do so.  If I do then I'll probably leave home about 6.30 - 7.00 get round early and back onto M25 by lunch time (fingers crossed).

Thinking about doing the nearly 2hr drive up for this.  Not bothered about the League itself, but I've never shot at WLSS and it seems like a good opportunity to do so.  If I do then I'll probably leave home about 6.30 - 7.00 get round early and back onto M25 by lunch time (fingers crossed).
Starts 8.30, so get there at 8 for a whizz round..

A 6am departure at the weekend may be a step too far.  That's worse than a work day.

I'm likely to be on my own for the first time ever at a Registered shoot, which I'm slightly apprehensive about.  I always shoot with at least two of us and often with a bigger group.  

A 6am departure at the weekend may be a step too far.  That's worse than a work day.

I'm likely to be on my own for the first time ever at a Registered shoot, which I'm slightly apprehensive about.  I always shoot with at least two of us and often with a bigger group.  
I'm with you there. Breakfast time is 10am ideally.. ?

Must be somebody on here you can pair up with.

Good 2 hours plus for us Suffolk/Norfolk shooters, still worth the journey as its the 1st battle of many for the Premier League winners compaign !!

Nothing to it Bebo.

I plan to kick off around 10:30 to 11:00 or so, will leave Sussex at about 9 but have learned my lesson about jumping straight in to a shoot after a longish drive!

A lie in for me is 7am .. So I will probably get there early doors and get around quick in case its busy (round 1 at churchills was stupidly busy last year). Have heard from one of the guys at WLSS that they have made it a lot tougher than last year. Hopefully a decent balance as last years was the softest of the Premier League shoots. Not that I minded that.

I'm certainly going to shoot this, not too sure what time though as its a bit of a drive. I'm guessing that you either need to be there early doors or be prepared for lots of waiting?

Is it normal cost I.e. £35 b/o and £40 comp?

Last year there was very little queueing as plenty of stands and spread out over the grounds. Car park was busy. Think the attendance was lower than at other venues. What it will be like this year I dont know. If it were me either shoot early or later 

Yes standard reg shoot prices.

223 entries last year (plus some non CPSA I expect). I went later and got round fine as it was well organised. (The EJ Churchill queuing situation was caused by some CPSA problem with computers, causing a start backlog. Should be better this year).

When a ground is not that experienced at course setting, they can lose the plot with correcting a soft course. It only needs two or three stands changing to sort it. They can get carried away and change ALL the stands, which makes a colossal difference. Hope they get the balance right.

It's not fibre only is it? I might be thinking of another ground but wanted to be sure. 

I assume the green fees/corkage on your own cartridges isn't in effect for the premier league shoot?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back