Useful tip to retain Binocular Vision when Shooting if you shut one eye

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this forum!

If we stick to Sporting for a moment, with an unmounted gun and shoot a long crosser for example (either way) where are our eyes going to be in relation to the muzzle?

*grabs popcorn*

Head, body and gun turned to pickup point, aligned vertically, gun about 18 inches below level of eyes, eyes looking straight ahead.

Probably ...

on the target but aware of the barrels/gap image in your peripheral, relying on technique and timing to complete the shot, for me anyway...

Right eye dominant and right handed? Really stupid to shut a left eye while shot gunning.. Simple.. Beginners problem is to stop the gun, unrelated to eyes..
Have only recently been shutting my left eye on rabbits had been struggling for some time with them but thought would try as last resort and BINGO! its a very uncomfortable way to shoot as the target seems miles away and much smaller.. a guy told me Digweed advised him to try it as like me he could not get cosistency.

Have only recently been shutting my left eye on rabbits had been struggling for some time with them but thought would try as last resort and BINGO! its a very uncomfortable way to shoot as the target seems miles away and much smaller.. a guy told me Digweed advised him to try it as like me he could not get cosistency.
Usually that it because you have some degree of eye dominance issue. Worse on close rabbits because focal length is shorter, so barrel is seen more? One eye certainly lines you up.

Back