Trying to find a beavertail

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growl

Good morning everyone - I hope you're all well

I am trying to track down a beavertail forend for my Browning Ultra XS - I tried to message BenW but I think my works laptop is a bit pants so the messenger system would not work correctly!

If anyone has one or knows of one at a reasonable price, please let me know, I know I can get one from Browning but to be honest they want silly money, Premier Guns have a used one available but again there price is a little steep, I'm not trying to be tight and I'm happy to pay a reasonable price for a reasonable bit of kit - any help would be appreciated.

Thanks all, regards, Growl.

Try McCloys in Ireland- they do a selection of wood

I bought one from them last year

Good morning everyone - I hope you're all well

I am trying to track down a beavertail forend for my Browning Ultra XS - I tried to message BenW but I think my works laptop is a bit pants so the messenger system would not work correctly!

If anyone has one or knows of one at a reasonable price, please let me know, I know I can get one from Browning but to be honest they want silly money, Premier Guns have a used one available but again there price is a little steep, I'm not trying to be tight and I'm happy to pay a reasonable price for a reasonable bit of kit - any help would be appreciated.

Thanks all, regards, Growl.
​Hi Gra hope your keeping well buddy.......there was a beaver tail forend for a mirook for sale on ebay in the clay pigeon section could fit with a bit of fettling as same stable really browning/mirook not sure of the price though. Or you could try Dennis Stepney at UK gun repairs he maybe able to help you..

Regards Shortlegs

Last edited by a moderator:
​Hi Gra hope your keeping well buddy.......there was a beaver tail forend for a mirook for sale on ebay in the clay pigeon section could fit with a bit of fettling as same stable really browning/mirook not sure of the price though. Or you could try Dennis Stepney at UK gun repairs he maybe able to help you..

Regards Shortlegs
​The bad news is that the one on Ebay has finished, I think it made around £80 though. I feel certain it was for a 3800 anyway. I have always found Matt at Doveridge (Premier Guns) to be a good guy to haggle with, but make sure it is him that you speak to. You could always try a wanted ad in sporting gun or Chris Potter guns. Good Luck.

Cheers Guys, it was Adam at Premier who got in touch and he is asking quite a bit..I'll keep trying, I'm doing good thanks shortlegs, hope you and yours are all good buddy, good to hear from you, all the best mate.

Beavertail's...always makes me think of fit girls roller skating and doing "active" stuff, you know...coz they can.

FCS-Blue-String_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
North Allerton do spare wood and they do have some Browning/Moronic forends listed around £150, which seems expensive...But maybe they can find one for you?

Massive thanks to Salopian, he has tracked me down a cracking forend off a grade 5 mooky......cheers all.

Hi Growl, nice to see you back on the forum.  Why do you want a different forend?  Is a beaver tail much different from the original?  Is it nicer to hold and use maybe.

Just askin'

Tim

Hi Growl, nice to see you back on the forum.  Why do you want a different forend?  Is a beaver tail much different from the original?  Is it nicer to hold and use maybe.

Just askin'

Tim
​A chesnut log would feel better then the standard sporting forend.

Hi Tim and thanks for the welcome back.

it is really a matter of personal preference,while some purists like the aesthetics of the schnabel forend others prefer the more hand filling characteristics of the beavertail, for me all of my earlier shooting was done with either my trap gun or my skeet gun, even though I shot sporting! My days of taking two guns into the shower have long passed, I guess though that I am just more comfortable and confident with a nice beaver......

Latest posts

Back