Training for prospective Shooting Instructors

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salopian

The Guild of Shooting Instructors

As the interest in shooting increases, so does the need for top quality, consistent, professional instruction. This is essential for those learning to shoot or wishing to improve existing skills.

The Guild of Shooting Instructors is an association dedicated to providing the highest levels of instruction, professionalism, and service.
Due to numerous enquiries regarding the process of becoming a shooting instructor, The Guild will be holding a number of one day training courses to give an insight into the requirements needed to deliver a quality shooting lesson, based on confident, competent and above all safe instructional techniques.

The Guild was founded and built upon a strong ethos of quality instruction, and would like to encourage potential coaches to adopt the skills required to continue this tradition.
The day will not instantly turn you into an instructor, or give you a formal qualification. However, it will provide a foundation to develop professional coaching attributes that will lead to you becoming a highly skilled instructor.
During the day you will be trained and monitored by Guild Assessor / Instructors, leading to an assessment and critique of your skills. This will in turn form an action plan for improvement if necessary.

A certificate of attendance will be issued to add to your coaching portfolio, indicating the first steps to becoming a highly

skilled professional instructor.
Anyone feeling that they already have sufficient experience and skills and wish to join the Guild of Shooting Instructors, are invited to apply for and undertake an assessment and interview by contacting The Secretary. .
All interest regarding the one day courses, should be registered through a Guild member or by contacting the Guild Secretary, Mr Peter Harris at [email protected]

All contact details can also be obtained by visiting the Guild website at - www.shootinginstructors.co.uk

Westley,

You know the price do you?

Obviously once again you have given and been given incorrect information !

Doctorduck,

Peter & Wendy Crabtree used to be based in San Antonio as Chief Instructors , but moved to Maryland. We have good people in Kansas, New York , Maryland & North Carolina , but it is a slow process getting good people.

Doctorduck,

Peter & Wendy Crabtree used to be based in San Antonio as Chief Instructors , but moved to Maryland. We have good people in Kansas, New York , Maryland & North Carolina , but it is a slow process getting good people.
There are approximately 80 Level III instructors in America.  Not sure what the level of interest would be and the benefit, you may want to think about approaching them?

Chubby,

In answer to your question.

Most of the Assessors are actively involved in the Shooting Industry at Premier Plus type grounds and have been assessed by City & Guilds,BASC, CPSA, BICTSF, LANTRA, Ground owners, etc.

Should you have any concerns I would be very happy to answer any questions you may have.

Alan, now that is not quite true is it?

I take instruction and guidance very seriously, this is the whole reason The Guild is trying to address bad practice.

VFM, value for money , not often an experience associated with Coaching.

There does seem to be a lot of interest in the one day foundation course, although of course we are getting enquiries from people who can afford thousand pound glasses but cannot afford education at considerably less money.

I do apalogise Pete , you are one of the few people when we ask, who gives genuine advice, but as you know me, you usually start off taking the p***s 

Alan,

No need to apologise at all.

As you know shooting is very important to me, and although a joker,  I take coaching and safety very seriously.

Very nice to see Maxum taking instruction so seriously.

I am sure that aspiring newbies will benefit greatly from his coaching and expertise.

As he says, if I was to shoot seriously I could be quite good .

But I get far greater satisfaction and enjoyment , helping others.

Absolutely brilliant achievement by Sam Ward 

Thanks Peter and i think after all my years competing to pass on that knowledge is the right thing to do.

Hopefully not too long now until I'm accepted into the Guild of shooting instructors and then get to work on helping those who need it.

A day is confirmed for June 20th & 27th at Pinewoods Shooting Ground , Doncaster.

Latest posts

Back