The Shooting Club, Wilts 29/08/11

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TobyM

After a lay-in yesterday morning it occured to me I had nothing planned.Quick check on the CPSA website had 100 ESP not far from me. Had to call for directions as I was "lost" in Upavon but I was literally only a mile away.It was very busy as it was their last shoot of the year but an interesting 14 stand lay-out. I came away with a 73 which is my best result at sporting for some time, as I've been really struggling. I also caught myself "rifling" which is something I want to stamp out immediately. :D Minor points of the day - major queue at one stand (none of which were numbered). I couldn't see why there was a major bottleneck at this stand, not helped by intermittant target releases and then needing filling up. I think I waited 20 minutes!And the young lads scoring - not an issue in itself but when I asked to see a pair I asked, "is it on report?". He said "what's that?". After a brief explanation from me, the answer was "yes!"All in all though, better than hanging around the house not doing much and good targets in a pleasant setting.

(moved this topic here from Sporting - I though a Shoot Review category might be useful)

Back