The one and only Ed

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilS

I had a lesson with our own Ed Solomons this morning and thought I'd tell you about it.

We started with a cuppa and a chat about where I was up to and what I wanted to focus on.

Once the tea was gone and I had settled down from the 1 & 3/4 hour drive we togged up and headed out.

Ed checked my gunhold and made a slight adjustment which immediately made shooting a little more relaxed for me - I was basically trying to get my head lower than it needed to be on the stock.

It soon became apparent that Ed has a good way of explaining what you should be doing and seeing, and how to make it happen when it doesn't (as it seems all too often with me!)

After 2 hours of explain - practice - explain - adjust - practice - practice - practice - bloody hell it works - practice - practice - practice it was time for another cup of tea after what actually felt like about 30 minutes or so.

I then made the return journey and headed straight to my usual SG for a quick 25 on compact to practice what I had learned and low & behold hit a new PB!! :hunter:

So, to summarise what has been a very good and very worthwhile day, I can't sing Ed's praises high enough as a teacher and all round good bloke!  He is forwarding me a list of bullet points from our day so that I have something to refer to for future moments of panic/forgetfulness.

If anyone is looking for a lesson and is in his area or willing to travel as I did,  Ed is your man.

Thanks again mate.  :goodjob:   :goodjob:   :goodjob:

He's a tosser. I'm letting him shoot with me at Northants to see if I can straighten him out..

NOT!

Last edited by a moderator:
I get about 10 emails a day about ED, it seems that if I buy loads of blue pills he disappears......

I had a lesson with our own Ed Solomons this morning and thought I'd tell you about it.

We started with a cuppa and a chat about where I was up to and what I wanted to focus on.

Once the tea was gone and I had settled down from the 1 & 3/4 hour drive we togged up and headed out.

Ed checked my gunhold and made a slight adjustment which immediately made shooting a little more relaxed for me - I was basically trying to get my head lower than it needed to be on the stock.

It soon became apparent that Ed has a good way of explaining what you should be doing and seeing, and how to make it happen when it doesn't (as it seems all too often with me!)

After 2 hours of explain - practice - explain - adjust - practice - practice - practice - bloody hell it works - practice - practice - practice it was time for another cup of tea after what actually felt like about 30 minutes or so.

I then made the return journey and headed straight to my usual SG for a quick 25 on compact to practice what I had learned and low & behold hit a new PB!! :hunter:

So, to summarise what has been a very good and very worthwhile day, I can't sing Ed's praises high enough as a teacher and all round good bloke!  He is forwarding me a list of bullet points from our day so that I have something to refer to for future moments of panic/forgetfulness.

If anyone is looking for a lesson and is in his area or willing to travel as I did,  Ed is your man.

Thanks again mate.  :goodjob:   :goodjob:   :goodjob:
Brilliant news as I have a couple of hours with him soon too! :hi:

Latest posts

Back