the classic from my point of view

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James / Hamid - I'll happily book you you into the same squad at the ShootClay Cup and throw another £200 into the pot for you two to shoot off. 

It'll be worth the extra money for you to meet - and for Hamid see what a big softy James is away from the keyboard, and for James to see what a really good shot looks like. 

Level playing field.... there it is. 

can i be in on that squad as well for the cash !!!!!!

No and I couldn't possibly take James's money anyway as it just wouldn't be fair. The thing that irks me is all the little snide hints and prods by a few people here and there who somehow seem to care more about what someone else's class is than concentrating on their own ! 

I have always said I am a natural A class, turn up almost anywhere and shoot that kind of average, once in a while due to my experience, never give up attitude and Murphy's law of averages I bang in a 90 something which drags me up to AA or even skin of your teeth AAA ! It doesn't mean a thing at the end of the day, only matters what you do on the day and what you personally get out of it. 

I have enjoyed myself along the way and been lucky enough to hit the high notes once or thrice in my life time, no big deal.

PS. I'm going to try and make the ShootClay Cup just to see the forum crowd.

OK, had a look at the fixture list...I'm shooting the Brittish at Garlands on the 28th, ShootClay cup is 23rd, I'm thinking Grange + Orston on the 24th, Kegworth 120ESP on the 25th, two days with no shooting then British open on the 28th...hmmm, would need to take wife and kids, but that could be on!!! That would give me 2 months to stockpile shells and cash...

From Ally:

Personally..... I think it's proven over the years that about 20% of our regular shooters like to shoot the targets that were at The Classic this weekend and would shoot them with no regard to anything but enjoyment and for some, a learning experience.

The other 80% will be too worried about protecting averages.   :suicide:

So overall, our weekly competitions will carry on as they have been for the last few years.... a few hard ones, a few softer ones and some absolutely spot on.  We have to work with time, weather and many other factors (like Steve's knees!) so anyone reading this post - don't panic!

Your averages are in relatively safe hands.

Ally (Steve has gone off to do some work finally!)  :prankster:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ally,

He's not working, he's shirking I can see him at the bottom of the page :)

Less thinking about Steves knees will make my day go more smoothly. 

Steve and Ali, I'm still working my way around this site and missed this thread on the Classic. I have added some comments on the Sporting (Classic) section as I personally don't think all was well. The targets by the way were brilliant but not the rest.From Lyn James( Auntie.)....

The only reason he has bad knees is because of years of grovelling to the Shropshire Supremo. Me!

Back