Thanks to Nicky T and Skeet UK

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sibaldib

As a new member of the forum, I have been hugely impressed by people's friendliness and willingness to help.

I would like to say a special thank you to the two above members who, between them, have delivered 2000 Cheddite Universal Trap cartridges to me after extolling the virtues of this particular cartridge.

Gary has also met up with me and given me some advice on shooting certain types of bird, chokes and other clay related info.

Well done chaps. :smile: :smile:

Not a problem, always happy to help where I can, as I have found Nicky to be also.

Sorry I couldn't shoot with you to today much and may I thank you for your kind gesture. :)

Great stuff all - must also add my thanks to Nick for delivering my 1500 Cheddites to Westfield - fuel consumption must have been MUCH better going home...

In my experience target shooters are a great bunch and get on well together and are only too prepared to help each other. In my experience of this forum this friendship and will to help others is very much exemplified so what you have experienced is really great and a great credit to both Nicky T and to Skeet UK. The meet ups and get togethers to shoot at the wide variety of grounds is also very friendly and I am keen to join in once I feel that I have reached an acceptable standard.

At present I feel like the beginner golfer who will top his tee shot and hook, slice and shank his way to the green in far too many shots and then take too many shots out of the bunker and putt backwards and forwards across the green to end the hole with 12 strokes or more when it should have taken four or five!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great stuff all - must also add my thanks to Nick for delivering my 1500 Cheddites to Westfield - fuel consumption must have been MUCH better going home...
Although fuel consumption on the way home was better, some numpty missed their turn off for the M5 which caused a rather unnecessary detour!

As you know, we run an alternative clay forum, but I have no problem contributing here as I have only met considered, well-meaning and helpful folks here. It is to be congratulated and welcomed - it's certainly helped me on advice and the dos and don'ts. Nicky T, we still have an outstanding conversation on bulk-buying of clays to have and that will happen soon when we've marshalled our buying resources.

Nicky T,

Don't tell me you went down the M42 past the NEC and then North??????????

Although fuel consumption on the way home was better, some numpty missed their turn off for the M5 which caused a rather unnecessary detour!
Blame the sat-nav...
Nicky is one of the most helpful and polite guys you will ever meet in your life.

He is known worldwide as the prince of paintball, and from the few months i have been reading up on clayshoot forum, he is'nt doing too bad :D

Nicky T,

Don't tell me you went down the M42 past the NEC and then North??????????
Like a member of special squad I came off a junction early and ended up on the M5 South. M5 North was closed in that particular section so we took the scenic route home up the A38!

Blame the sat-nav...

Nicky is one of the most helpful and polite guys you will ever meet in your life.

He is known worldwide as the prince of paintball, andfrom the few months i have been reading up on clayshoot forum, he is'nt doing too bad :D
Now you mention knowing Nick through Paintball...I think I recognise your Username from P8nt! :)

In my experience target shooters are a great bunch and get on well together and are only too prepared to help each other. In my experience of this forum this friendship and will to help others is very much exemplified so what you have experienced is really great and a great credit to both Nicky T and to Skeet UK. The meet ups and get togethers to shoot at the wide variety of grounds is also very friendly and I am keen to join in once I feel that I have reached an acceptable standard.

At present I feel like the beginner golfer who will top his tee shot and hook, slice and shank his way to the green in far too many shots and then take too many shots out of the bunker and putt backwards and forwards across the green to end the hole with 12 stokes or more when it should have taken four or five!
You really needn't worry about that, Robert. I shot my very first registered with guys from this site in April this year, and shot a 48! But I was back the next week, and the next week. Having only shot a few straw balers and some skeet until then, I felt way out of my comfort zone, but decided that the only way to learn was to carry on shooting registereds. No-one at these shoots judges your ability and they only offer helpful tips - I think they all remember what it was like starting out!

Get out there and have a crack, it's the only way to learn the targets! ;)

You really needn't worry about that, Robert. I shot my very first registered with guys from this site in April this year, and shot a 48! But I was back the next week, and the next week. Having only shot a few straw balers and some skeet until then, I felt way out of my comfort zone, but decided that the only way to learn was to carry on shooting registereds. No-one at these shoots judges your ability and they only offer helpful tips - I think they all remember what it was like starting out!

Get out there and have a crack, it's the only way to learn the targets! ;)
You are probably very right and I'm keen but come the time will be shaking in my boots!

As long as you are safe and i am sure you are from a trap shooters point of view you as long as you dont hold the line up and know the etiquette of your chosen discipline then i think you Will find people are only bothered about there own score not yours and anyway even the very best have bad days. You Will also find that you Will prob shoot better in comp than you do in practice. Enjoy.

You are probably very right and I'm keen but come the time will be shaking in my boots!
That'll last for a few mins.... then you'll be focused on your shooting. Get involved - you know you want to!

I had a feeling it was you skeet, did not ask as there are so many forum names similar :p
Yeah, lost of "Skeetish" names around here...I suspect you was waiting for me to say something devastatingly inappropriate, in order to confirm your suspicions! ;)

Got close...did you not see the Youtube vid in the Strap On thread...couple of my younger team mates!

I suspect you was waiting for me to say something devastatingly inappropriate, in order to confirm your suspicions! ;)
It was only a matter of time :p

Always enjoyed your posts on p8nt, was very informative and written with thought, unlike some of the members we have on there now. Being a Mod on there is not an easy task, too much to deal with, so i come on here to relax :D

It was only a matter of time :p

Always enjoyed your posts on p8nt, was very informative and written with thought, unlike some of the members we have on there now. Being a Mod on there is not an easy task, too much to deal with, so i come on here to relax :D
Awww...you're making me all gooey...you flirt :wub:

Latest posts

Back