Teague mobil chokes for silver pigeon

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luked

Hi all, Sorry for all the question recently but being here in Australia I can't find such a forum with the wealth of knowledge and members.

As some of you will have seen, I have ordered a couple of Beretta silver pigeon 1's for my kids 28" for my 13 year old girl and a 30" for my 17 year old son. Both with adjustable stocks and both have been measured for LOP, which has resulted in my daughters being ordered with a cut down stock (which beretta Australia are doing for free which is a bonus)

I was wondering if any of you have ever used Teague aftermarket chokes in a silver pigeon, and if you thought that it made a difference long term? I'm not looking to spend a load of money if you feel that the long term benefits would be minimal, but interested if in your opinions the money was well spent??

PS, I have just ordered a full set of the Optima chokes for my DT10 32" sporter, just because when I was in the UK I always wanted a set of leagues so took the plunge. Just wondering if long term you feel that they would make a difference to the sprogs?

Hi Luked, From years of experience of spending vast sums of money on after market chokes and keeping the likes of Mr Teague in nice cars I would suggest that the major difference in chokes is the the type not the make.

I would suggest extended chokes rather than flush fitting simply because they are easier to change and keep tight and they protect the muzzle end of the barrel/s.

Initially I suggest that you stick with the chokes the guns come with, especially for novices, they will have other things to concentrate on.

From the quality aspect I would certainly recommend Teague chokes however.

Vic.

I've had a couple Berettas with the mobile chokes and have added to the set with aftermarket tubes.  The only differences I detect are impressive prices charged for the aftermarket things.  I've yet to see any measured size for size (not marking) comparison that demonstrates any advantage at all.  Lots of WOW did my patterns-breaks-scores-whatever improve kinda nonsense but nothing objective.  But - it's your money innit?

Yep...extended, and a pair so you don't have to worry about which barrel to use.

I will also say, look at Mullers too...I suspect you can get them down under.

I notice in the title you say mobil chokes.  Before you do anything double check, because I think Silver Pigeons have Optima chokes.

Stick with what you got, you won't gain anything except a lighter wallet!

I notice in the title you say mobil chokes.  Before you do anything double check, because I think Silver Pigeons have Optima chokes.
you're right they are Optima flush chokes, not Mobil. DOH! lucky i hadn't committed to anything yet 

thanks Ed, I'm starting to think you might be right. :smile:

Ed usually is.  

I've had an SP1 for three years and used the Optima flush chokes that have come with it without any problem at all.  Spend the money you save on an extra lesson or more clays, they'll benefit more from that.

Stick with what you got, you won't gain anything except a lighter wallet!
OK, not chokes, but same effect; I bought some piston wad Hull. Proved they spread more by patterning. I used one at Weston Wood on a very close incomer on Sunday. Missed the clay, thinking the generous pattern couldn't miss. Then stuck in my usual tighter shell, put my face firmly on the stock, took care and powdered the next one. 

I wouldn't mind but I went all through this nonsense three years ago and abandoned spreading loads as dangerous mental damage back then! A triumph of hope over experience.. I'm just off to kick the bedpost with my bare foot now to see if it still hurts like it did last time.

Honestly, forget about all this choke marketing nonsense.

Variance in chokes is normally measured in thous or microns, misses are normally measured in feet or metres !

Hi Luked, From years of experience of spending vast sums of money on after market chokes and keeping the likes of Mr Teague in nice cars I would suggest that the major difference in chokes is the the type not the make.

I would suggest extended chokes rather than flush fitting simply because they are easier to change and keep tight and they protect the muzzle end of the barrel/s.

Initially I suggest that you stick with the chokes the guns come with, especially for novices, they will have other things to concentrate on.

From the quality aspect I would certainly recommend Teague chokes however.

Vic.
100% agree with this.

Actually, now having read the rest of the thread, I see the theme is much the same. :lol:

Back