Surrey Police Open Shoot Friday 14th August at BisleyShooting Groun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertBeard

8:30am until 1pm entries

£38 entry fee

Fibre wad cartridges only

Teams possible - top 5 to count

Cottesloe Heath

I will be there as it's the start of the small-bore week on Saturday.

Anyone else fancy it?

I might do this. Pity it's so close to the shoot yesterday. I hope they change the course around.

Took forever to shoot this last year. Police squads of approx 15 on every stand. 2 hours to shoot the bottom. Alright for them they prob get paid for doing it.

I will be going as one of my regular group is one of the Surrey team organising it. Last year they set the course a lot tougher than the BSG shoot the week before. I will be shooting at 12 as taken the afternoon off work. Hopefully the queues have died down by then.

They all seem to faf around a lot, take forever, it's like a yearly outing where they all get to have a chat and meet up. Nothing wrong with that. But it does add to the waiting. It's their shoot so I suppose we have to put up with it. Each areas shooters all seem to shoot together so if you have 20 from the met then all 20 will be waiting on the stand.

Maybe it's all the paperwork done in triplicate?

Or possibly they're trying to work out how to 'fine' the shot for exceeding the speed limit?

I shot this early today, with Robert Beard and Paul (papa). We feared the crowds so we were shooting by 8.45 and whizzed around by 10.20! Weird really. Robert shot well, clearly moving on nicely from a year or two ago despite not shooting much.

I thought the course was better at the Prem League shoot. This was quite tricky today but not in a good way, as the course setter had a mantra of throwing almost every clay into a tree, bush, or other available foliage. Lots of edgey stuff with not much time. Judging by some of the beginner /bad habits-embedded shooters I saw,  there will be some low scores.. 

Still we didn't get wet or wait around!

Shot late - started just after 1 and took less than 1hr45 to get around. We were entries 265 and 266. Lot softer course than they put on last year. Nothing distant. Tbh didnt find any issues with foliage other than maybe the 1st bird of the midi incoming sim pair.

Hit 80 but dropped lots of silly ones. Had a blast on the pool shoot flush on the way out.

All in all glad I bothered to chance it ad weather forecast not great but we had nothing other than a little drizzle. Very humid though.

Thoroughly enjoyable shoot with great company in Will and Paul who were sympathetic to me who has not shot at all in 2 months and before that had not shot for 6 months due to back operation for a prolapsed disc so I was dead pleased with my 66 ex 100 over the 17 Stands of 3 pairs bar a couple.  When I checked back at about 1:15 to find out I hadn't won a draw prize there were by then 2 scores of 93 and one of those thought a 95 was possible.

lots of birds daisy cutting or disappearing behind bushes or trees to put you off but I still enjoyed every minute.

got 578 Ex 600 in my English match at the Lord Roberts Centre later in what I thought were tricky wind conditions.

now have a full week of shooting to look forward to mostly smallbore rifle but some skeet, Dtl  or OT given half a chance!

there will be the odd few drinks in the evenings as there are loads of clubs to choose from with no driving necessary on Bisley camp

Back