Such a shame I was a 'lady'

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the record the sport is already dominated by people who can afford coaches and mentors and to shoot very often, a few exceptions in domestic disciplines no doubt.

Just saying.

Phil

ps, can you remember who the shooters were to which you refer to. Just out of interest. Pm me if you don't want to mention names publicly.

Cheers

Only a few years ago the very talented Junior Brett Davies shot the highest score at the ABT Home International but was inelegible for the High Gun trophy. The teams collectively made a presentation to correct this. The rules have since been changed.

. always got to get that in Ian!! I have been threatening to shoot some going away stuff myself. Going to try and get to mid Wales one day when there is something on!!
100 dtl on there this weekend, nice easy one to start with! Its part of krieghoff winter series, so should be decent numbers there

100 dtl on there this weekend, nice easy one to start with! Its part of krieghoff winter series, so should be decent numbers there
cheers BOB1 if I ain't in England shooting sporting might have a crack!! And what do you mean easy one!!

Well, the easy trap discipline I mean. Very hard to miss these dtl birds, or so I often hear, but I mange to miss a good few every week I shoot it! 

There is a double jeopardy going on. In the World UT Championships 2013 Ed Ling tied the highest score of the event with the Veteran High Gun. As there is no Mens category he was made to shoot off and the Veteran was given both gold medals.
FITASC in their wisdom changed the system last year by doing away with the 'Seniors' category, and saved themselves the cost of three medals and the organisers three trophies at each of their Grands Prix, European & World Championships and the European and World Cup Finals.  Seniors were then lumped into the Open category, this was all done without consultation of the discipline technical commissions.  Unfortunately sometimes the decision makers get it wrong, and certainly the remnants of the UT Technical Commission will be doing it's best to have the Senior category reinstated.

Still they're now tinkering with a possible name change for some of the categories from 2015 to fall in line with golf and tennis I understand. Seniors will become Men, Veterans will become Seniors and Super Veterans will become just plain old Veterans - I was so looking forward to becoming Super......   

FITASC in their wisdom changed the system last year by doing away with the 'Seniors' category, and saved themselves the cost of three medals and the organisers three trophies at each of their Grands Prix, European & World Championships and the European and World Cup Finals.  Seniors were then lumped into the Open category, this was all done without consultation of the discipline technical commissions.  Unfortunately sometimes the decision makers get it wrong, and certainly the remnants of the UT Technical Commission will be doing it's best to have the Senior category reinstated.

Still they're now tinkering with a possible name change for some of the categories from 2015 to fall in line with golf and tennis I understand. Seniors will become Men, Veterans will become Seniors and Super Veterans will become just plain old Veterans - I was so looking forward to becoming Super......   
Why can't they just leave things alone? I was considering trying FITASC Sporting this year but am confused by the rule changes. Red cards ,Yellow cards?? What is our sport coming to? I think I'll just stick to the good old English variety.

Also the problem in having no classes and  a high gun down to say 5th place with a decreasing prize fund is that you would find more and more shooters would go birds only as they think they would have no chance , therefore the prize fund would be seriously decreased (not that its massive at the mo. ) ,or if shooters weren't there first thing they could look at the scores on the doors ,and think no point in going comp if there were already a number of big scores shot as they would have no chance, especially if it's a shoot they attend regularly as they would have a fair idea of where they would be in the terms of scores .

I also disagree with any possibility of the prize fund not being available on a class by class basis.

This is the one thing that could turn clay shooting elitist!

Also the problem in having no classes and a high gun down to say 5th place with a decreasing prize fund is that you would find more and more shooters would go birds only as they think they would have no chance , therefore the prize fund would be seriously decreased (not that its massive at the mo. ) ,or if shooters weren't there first thing they could look at the scores on the doors ,and think no point in going comp if there were already a number of big scores shot as they would have no chance, especially if it's a shoot they attend regularly as they would have a fair idea of where they would be in the terms of scores .
surely this happens now, even in classes the usual shooters tend to win regularily. I have decided that i will from now on enter BO purely because i am more interested in were i am on leader board than class place and also because unless you are winning at least every other shoot there is no financial sense in spending 5 quid for the possibility of winning 15 may as well save your money and every 6th shoot is free. The money aspect is a side bet in reality, the 5 quid comp entry does not effect score or class and if you shoot well and win class or indeed high gun it will show on the results that you won so as i say what's the point. Of course i am talking trap were usually your talking 5 squads ish so payout is always going to be low.

Latest posts

Back