Such a shame I was a 'lady'

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok here goes

having a class after your name and no is more to do with credibility if were honest, we all strive to have and retain a AA or A

Imo classes are to a degree meaningless for instance if you choose to shoot all year regardless of weather then your scores WILL suffer and you will be classed lower than your actual ability. So if we want recognition of our ability here is a rough idea of an alternative.

Categories at majors ie jnr lady vet sen

no classes at reg shoots or majors just pay further down

after your name and no instead of a lettered class you will be given the award of one of the following

club class . No major wins above club level

regional class . Won a regional comp or represented a regional team

national class . Won a major or represented your country

international class .won a world or European title or represented GB

just an idea

Oh dear, I wish I never posted anything now :-(
Please don't feel that any of the comments are aimed personally (other than the Well done you one's of course)

There are lots of differing views and we all learn from hearing what other people think :good:  

Well done BTW. 

I have always agreed with 'men are from Mars and women are from Venus' :wink:

Whatever it is ....i just want to shoot :laugh: if you keep throwing them i will keep shooting 'at' them

I know this is a classic topic drift but why have a classification for women at all? I do not regard any woman as in some way inferior, and today women more and more want to be classed in the same group as men for so many things in life why set them apart when sport is concerned? I will predict this... in the not to distant future women will compete in many sporting events on an exactly equal footing with men... why should they not? I remember many years ago Billy Jean King hammering a man at tennis ... ok he was a bit past his prime but he totally under estimated what she could do!

I will predict this... in the not to distant future women will compete in many sporting events on an exactly equal footing with men... why should they not?
Sorry to burst your bubble.....but they already do...in all the shooting disciplines....true story :wink:

You are not bursting anything... true story :) I have just said that women will compete in many events on an equal footing to men. By that I mean sports that currently are separated by gender and also even perhaps at an Olympic level... where currently it would appear they are a different species never mind sex !

You are not bursting anything... true story :) I have just said that women will compete in many events on an equal footing to men. By that I mean sports that currently are separated by gender and also even perhaps at an Olympic level... where currently it would appear they are a different species never mind sex !
Ooooh it is all in the typing....thought when you said 'sporting events' you mean 'sporting'.....sooooooorrrrrrrrrriiiieeeee :wink:

Oh dear, I wish I never posted anything now :-(
Good post that has created a topical debate. Nothing to be sorry about. Still pretty good shooting and in my male opinion you DID WIN 'C' class as you shot the highest score in it.

I don't know where you come from but have you ever shot at Greenfield's? Nice ground, good targets. good clubhouse and reasonable prices.

Still pretty good shooting and in my male opinion you DID WIN 'C' class as you shot the highest score in it..
spot on, if you go bo and get highest score you still technically win you just dont get cash from the side bet that is all.

so yes you won class against all those men so well done

I do have to take issue with you about whether or not the fairer sex need inducements to start shooting or enter competitions. It seems to me that shooting is a much more accepting of female participants than many other sports! If women choose not to enter its not because they are in some way hindered from doing so by men, unlike other sports, golf is a good example, where women are actually barred from joining certain golf clubs! I personally don't really see why there needs to be an inducement when there is no bar to entry. Women today are not the shy, timid creatures the once were arf arf :) ... even Harry Enfield knows that... most of them seek impose their right to equality with men and good on them I say! I have to say down here it is very rare that I have seen a female shooter don't ask me why!
. Yes yes I would ban JKC , Nicola and Sian off with their heads!!!!!!!

I know this is a classic topic drift but why have a classification for women at all? I do not regard any woman as in some way inferior, and today women more and more want to be classed in the same group as men for so many things in life why set them apart when sport is concerned? I will predict this... in the not to distant future women will compete in many sporting events on an exactly equal footing with men... why should they not? I remember many years ago Billy Jean King hammering a man at tennis ... ok he was a bit past his prime but he totally under estimated what she could do!
. It was Fred perry and he was 89

I love all women there great.

just saying

Surely if you have a Ladies / Junior / Colts / Vets class, at a small / minor shoot , there will be few if any shooters in these classes ( thats why lots of shoots do'nt have a colts class at all )  Then winning one of these classes should be for the Kudos only (especially as you could win by just turning up i'e no one else in your class )  but if you shoot comp your comp. money  goes into your class  AA , A , B or C  . Then its your choice if you go comp or not !

By the way well done with your PB 

I'm in my own class and world most of the time anyway but you wait and see what I will like in say err 5 yrs time. I will take no prisoners then.

Steady on I think I'm probably shooting against at least 2 of them next week. Looking forward to it, let's hope this wind and rain abates by then. :nyam: :haha:

Latest posts

Back