Struggling with a crosser until I started gun down (?!)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does it help with ISU skeet shooting to be numbingly anal?
For someone who has the tagline “celeritas  et accuratio” ( speed and accuracy) I thought your post would have been more accurate. You start by saying there are 4 gun hold positions but only describe 3 of them. You go on to specifically say FITASC is gun down but no mention of ISU Skeet which is also gun down.

Its clearly beyond you to admit you missed this and I only mentioned it as there might be some readers that thought gun hold position is optional in ISU skeet.

And no you don’t have to be numbingly anal to shoot ISU skeet, just have speed and accuracy. 

🥴

I start gun down for everything, even fast teal or going away birds. If I shoot a full round gun up I get a stinking headache and stiff neck even before I've finished the round.

My only aim with gun down is that my gun is in my shoulder as the clay gets to my hold point, sometimes this can mean starting to mount the gun as I'm calling pull even for a fast bird.

For someone who has the tagline “celeritas  et accuratio” ( speed and accuracy) I thought your post would have been more accurate. You start by saying there are 4 gun hold positions but only describe 3 of them. You go on to specifically say FITASC is gun down but no mention of ISU Skeet which is also gun down.

Its clearly beyond you to admit you missed this and I only mentioned it as there might be some readers that thought gun hold position is optional in ISU skeet.

And no you don’t have to be numbingly anal to shoot ISU skeet, just have speed and accuracy. 

🥴
I think you can be described here as 2 P's....Pedantic Pr...!

Back