Strange Browning Choke

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldblaster

7 months ago I ordered a 1/2 choke for my Browning 725 Sporter, wanting to try 1/2 and 1/2 for sporting. After a while began noticing the top barrel was smoking more clays than the bottom, but clearly marked 1/2 choke for lead and 3/4 for steel, Recently had the oportunity to check the patterns of both chokes, the bottom barrel at around 25yds about a 30" circle good even pattern, the top about a 14" circle a fly would have a job to get through! On further inspection, I noticed when placing my little finger in the suspect choke some very fine ridges, whereas the other choke is completely smooth. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, I now have a tight 3/4 choke to add to the collection! I wonder if anyone else has had the same problem? Just show the importance of pattern testing!

Agree with Will, measure them.

I assume the extra choke was a genuine Browning DS as aftermarket chokes for the B725 from other makers use different constrictions.

Agree with Will, measure them.

I assume the extra choke was a genuine Browning DS as aftermarket chokes for the B725 from other makers use different constrictions.
Yes it's  a genuine Browning DS choke and it's identical to the chokes that were supplied with the gun, purchased from a respected dealer, in a sealed bubble pack. When I get a chance I will measure them.

Back