Stock weighting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIMON-B

Whats everyone's preferred D I Y stock weighting methods, only one I have thought of is those flat stick on lead weights for alloy wheels, you could place them in different areas of the stock..??

Chop the head and primer off a fibre cartridge, remove the fibre, fill it up with another oz of lead shot from another donar cartridge, insert the fibre gas seal back on top and tape it up, bingo 2 oz weight that slots right in the stock, pad it out so it doesn't rattle.

Ooh this messing with stock weights mallarky sounds dodgy for me. I have done enough fiddling with things over the years and never seemed to improve on the mfr settings.

But good luck, the above posters cartridge idea sounds interesting.

Same as J E for me. Mrs fuzs stock bolt recess is a bit bigger so hers is weighted with fishing weights wrapped in foam :D

Last edited by a moderator:
:D you should have read that again before posting Fuz

I had two shells, cut and taped... But they started leaking lead.... So I taped ten pound coins, same weight and fitted perfectly in the stock hole...
Sent from my Windows Phone 8 using Board Express/Tapatalk

And yes, it doubled the value of my gun....
Sent from my Windows Phone 8 using Board Express/Tapatalk

Back