Steel Challenge Shoot using semi-auto LSR

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertBeard

Here are pictures of the north range at Budleigh Farm, Moretonhampstead a south west mecca for small-bore target shooting, black powder, archery, air pistol and air rifle and some centre fire shooting.  The 50 metre and 100 yards range is rigged for the steel challenge which took place today.  Shooting is at the  knock-down steel plates you can see in the pictures using semi-auto lightweight sport rifles.  Shooting is subject to time limits and is evidently great fun.  I was there yesterday shooting at 50 metres and you can see my 6 target card in some of the pictures at 50 metres.  The steel plates are all at different distances so you need to know your milspec telescopic sight well to know where to aim for the distance concerned.  Mine is the gear on the firing point complete with Anschutz .22 single shot target rifle with rainbow laminated stock and Border stainless steel cut rifled barrel.  The rear sight is the unusual Duguid panoramic sight which gives excellent visibility of the wind flags.  The farm has a website and has a load of self-catering cottages should anyone fancy going for a shoot.  The owner is Arthur Harvey, former GB prone rifle shooter, ex-army, an RFD and international coach and armourer.  He can also train you to pass the deer stalking rifle shooting accuracy test. 

IMG_0929.JPG

IMG_0925.JPG

IMG_0927.JPG

IMG_0928.JPG

IMG_0932.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back