sporting mathematics

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gun movement will have a huge impact on your perception of the lead (not actual lead of course) so it is worth bearing in mind...

there are basic formulas you can use when reading clays however they are a ballpark, and knowing the lead is only part of it- how to get there is more important!

Why don't you read the post properly before letting your little brain near a keyboard you tw*t!
WOW Matt...did it take you ALL week to think of that reply?!?! I did read it 'properly'...and I stand by my reply, "Who gives a f*ck?"... :wink:

At least you are consistent, one stupid remark after another, you are entitled to your opinion but why bother writing such utter bollocks, if you think the question is sh*te simply don't bother to participate in it. But you can't help yourself, you think you are being funny and you can't wait to show other forum users the level of your intellect, well sadly all you are demonstrating is, you are a tw*t, now be a good boy and get back on your tractor 

At least you are consistent, one stupid remark after another, you are entitled to your opinion but why bother writing such utter bollocks, if you think the question is sh*te simply don't bother to participate in it. But you can't help yourself, you think you are being funny and you can't wait to show other forum users the level of your intellect, well sadly all you are demonstrating is, you are a tw*t, now be a good boy and get back on your tractor 
Who rattled your cage? Was it lonely under the bridge on your own...

You seem like a very 'sensitive' little flower, what's your problem? :???:

Gun movement will have a huge impact on your perception of the lead (not actual lead of course) so it is worth bearing in mind...

there are basic formulas you can use when reading clays however they are a ballpark, and knowing the lead is only part of it- how to get there is more important!
This spot is on. Gun speed to much - to little means everything. 

Last edited by a moderator:
to keep it simple for my own sake

a clay doing 40 mph is traveling at 58.6 fps

and shot string traveling at 1000fps will take 0.1second to travel 100 feet... 100 feet is about 33 yards

so in that 0.1 seconds the clay will have traveled 5.86 feet

assuming the clay is 33 yards out...you will need to give it 5.86 foot of lead 
If I gave a 33 yard clay doing 40mph 5.86 feet of lead, I reckon I would be 5.86 feet behind it.

"Nicely said Mr Norris."

is it all getting a bit sensitive on here....the OP wasn't bothered so why are you two?

next it will be all flowers and blowing kisses  :rolleyes:
Yes you are quite right, we shouldn't be bothered, but sometimes it gets a little tiring in the day job and we react to stuff on the interweb, its a hard habit to break, maybe we should pour ourselves a large drink BEFORE replying to posts!

Yes you are quite right, we shouldn't be bothered, but sometimes it gets a little tiring in the day job and we react to stuff on the interweb, its a hard habit to break, maybe we should pour ourselves a large drink BEFORE replying to posts!
...I thought you HAD poured (and drank) several large drinks BEFORE replying... :angel:

Latest posts

Back