Southdown results 26.10.14

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob

26th October 2014 Name Class Score Prize ESP      

K Johnston                                 AA                      1st     91     £100 & cap

B Davies                                     AA                      2nd    89     £60 or free m’ship

A Balham/G Franklin                  AA                      3nd    87      Half price entry

M Hibbert                                   A                        1st      89     £100 & cap

M Durling/A Hoskins/R May       A                        2nd    87      £20 + half price entry

M Donovan                                 B                       1st      90      £100 & cap

I Gander/M Pani/D Rowe           B                        2nd    80      £20 + half price entry

P Rosic                                      C                        1st      82      £100 & cap

M Burrows                                 C                        2nd    79      £60 or free m’ship

P Pitman/P Westover                C                         3rd    74       Free ESP/STR

G Duncton                                 V                        1st     85      £40

W Fenner                                 Colt                               64      £20

STR      

M Marshall                                AA – 1st 92 £45

A Balham                                  AA – 2nd 89 Free ESP/STR

K Johnston                                 A – 1st 93 £45

D Christian                                 A – 2nd 92 Free ESP/STR

J Dix                                           B – 1st 90 £45

M Hibbert                                   B – 2nd 89 Free ESP/STR

M Pani                                        C – 1st 83 £45

N Peppiatt                                  C – 2nd 78 Free ESP/STR

M Goldie                                     Vets – 1st 89 £40

Last edited by a moderator:
Flat battery on 2 traps on layout 2, and we were the first group out today at 09:30. Cages on that layout numbered from right to left as well ( been that way for weeks ) which the ref agreed was just a pain so it was swapped around. Then another flat battery on layout 3, after we'd asked the bloke to check them before we got there! The cages were all out of position too. On all of the layouts the ref had to sort out the buttons too, dragging cables back to a reasonable position behind the stands. Only had a couple of no birds, perhaps 8 or 10 out of the 500 clays for our group.

A club running a million clays a year through its traps must have to work hard at keeping it going smoothly but there does seem to be a bit of a 'Quality Control' issue.

NONE of which explains my truly abysmal performance, a personal worst day! :( :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed the sporting today although a couple of stands on the left down the lane near the bottom end truly frustrated me and of course got the better if me - but I'll know next time. Mr Hoskins managed to come joint 2nd in A class despite coughing, sneezing and spluttering his way around. Nice to see a few of you out and about. Did have one high - managed 8/8 on stand 4.

Back