Southdown FITASC

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, 

Thank you Ian, now I know where I am going wrong.   " They don't like it up 'em Pike."

P.S. I'm too old to change, even if I wanted to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mx8
Any criticism I may have had of the shoot is obviously null and void now - I was joint 1st in d-class... my first ever place at a FITASC Sporting shoot... NOWHERE near a PB, and in fact 13 below my average - but as they say, a wins a win. 

Any criticism I may have had of the shoot is obviously null and void now - I was joint 1st in d-class... my first ever place at a FITASC Sporting shoot... NOWHERE near a PB, and in fact 13 below my average - but as they say, a wins a win. 
Funniest thing I have read E V E R....well done Matt x

Message from Shaun Miller

Since Greg and I took over Southdown we've continually reinvested in the business, with a view to making the ground one of the best places to shoot in the country.  So the last thing we want to do is give anyone a bad experience and we acknowledge that the FITASC competition was not what it could have been.

Since Shaun Peckham's unexpected departure we've been looking to recruit/partner with an experienced target setter and I'm sure you'll all agree it takes time to find good skills.

So here's three bits of good news........

Firstly we've managed to recruit the services of the internationally renowned Graham Brown who has agreed to set the targets for not only the FITASC GB Selection Shoot (29-30th March) but also the CPSA English Open (23rd-25th May).  As many of you will know Graham has been building courses since the early 90's in both this country and abroad.

We are also delighted to announce that the FSP GB Selection Shoot will consist of a total of 6 independent layouts that will be shot over the two days, using the best that can be offered of the Lane and Valley.  Transport will be available to the Valley layouts kindly supplied by our transport sponsors Gatwick Mitsubishi.

For those of you staying over in the area for the weekend why not come along to the party in the evening, relax and listen to the band.

The second bit of good news is that we are pleased to be able to announce that Bob Clarke, who is well known and respected in the shooting industry and famous for the Beretta World Sporting Championship targets, will be setting courses for us throughout the year at all our other important championships and events.  Bob will start by setting the course for the last of the Southdown Winter Series FITASC (15-16th March).  The third bit of good news is that as a concession to anyone who shot either the Jan or Feb Winter Series FITASC comps, we'd like to offer you a £10 discount off this event.

As always we welcome your feedback and as some of you have said in this thread, it's not just the good stuff, praise that helps us get it right.  We are committed to getting it right and hope to see you again soon.

MX8 said, "I find people are afraid to speak openly about their concerns as they don't want to be tagged as a moan or be unpopular"!

Yes I know exactly what you mean!!!

Lovely that Shaun and Greg took the time to send this....I for one am now very much looking forward to my next visit...and I am booked on for the Open too so be good to see how the targets fly....

That's good news, southdown I and has always been a top shooting facility and long that remain the case

Take 2

That's good news, Southdown has always been a top shooting facility and I hope that continues

Thanks for the update Helen. Good news Graham has agreed in helping you guys out and look forward to the GB selection shoot

I have just got home from shooting the March FITASC, and had a very nice day the weather and company was fantastic, and the targets may have been on the soft side but very enjoyable with no brackdowns if anyone is shooting it tomorrow you should have a good time :)

Shot it today and did have a good time.  Hard not to in the sunshine.  The targets may have been softer, but not all of them and its funny how often it's the "soft" targets that get missed.

Apparently the course was set by Bob Clark(e) who set/s the Beretta World.  It definitely was different from previous S'down Fitasc but still plenty of targets that needed a bit of lead  and I managed to mess up the pairs as usual. 

Back