South Worcester S/G 100 comp

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clynt

Took advantage of a early finish today and turned up here, first time I've been in 15 years. Ground looked good,ample parking, and a awesome couple of towers.

Myself and Julian Morris set out with a marker (after asking his advice on which was the easy std to start on) he took us to a 25m crossing rabbit and a 30m crosser !! and he was about right, next std 40m high crosser simmo with incomer out at 35m !! liking this was out comments to each other. pair of driven at about 20m, then close orange bird thrown to the floor and a fast quartering away high ducky thing, onto a tricky simmo pair over head and a fast edgy going away. Past the club house to the next very quick std black hurtling across you with a simmo slightly slower orange. personally crashed and burned on the BIG tower 30m+ std and a evil 40m midi both with the wind behind them and unknown to me being pushed well to the left..........walked off here with a 1 :fie:  Julian did a cracking 9/10, moved on to the big earth mound blind crosser appears  at 45m and zippy chondel at 20m  off the top of the mound, moving on to the other side of the mound we were treated to a edgy climbing out fast std and a close curling away orange, our final std consisted of a report pair of quick teal, left one was a std and the right one a very quick midi (not coming back, how teal should be) 

Thinking that 1 on the tower had done me we both returned to the club house, on counting the cards we had both finished on 85 and thought a 91-92 was a suitable score for the layout and no doubt if it had been a reg comp on a weekend with 20 or so AA boys on show it may well have been.

Entries were well down so we were fortunate to be joint H/G's, as only one shooter can go through to the final, a shoot off was set up for us ......the big tower !!! but thank god as crossers but I mean crossers nearer 70m... than not !!! Julian with his Blackgold 6.5 and me with the BM3 7's. I chose to stick with the 3/8 chokes after Julian went half-tight half and did a 3 .... missed my first pair pushed on big time to see 5 of them killed well.

So I go through to the final, there is no prize money on the day, the entry is £34 for the comp, the targets are pretty good, 100 practise is £28, targets changed weekly, I will go back for targets of that variety and  I may just shoot it for practise,but felt it was worth the money today 

I would put it in the RBSS and EJ churchills targets quality, it's on every Friday but check the dates from 10am to 3-30 pm ,it's well worth the £28 for a practise round but if you feel like a chance to get to the final £6 is not out of the way

Nice review Clint... might be worth a trip up next time I have a Friday off work...

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

sounds tricky to me  clinto , might have to watch my average there then !!!!!!!! :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful:

i deff get down there one of these fridays but couldnt today as finishing off at garlands , glad you shot well ,well done

steve

sounds tricky to me  clinto , might have to watch my average there then !!!!!!!! :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful:

i deff get down there one of these fridays but couldnt today as finishing off at garlands , glad you shot well ,well done

steve
reckon you, chipper, and the fri club would have enjoyed it, ? bit of every thing and plenty of good range targets flying, well laid out, the big tower is 130ft and it was firing the midi up hill slightly and it disappears behind you pretty quick add on the wind !!! did me big time, in the shoot off I did see plenty of gap on both  :pilot:   

Rebecca  seemed to indicate it will be changed weekly but the towers will be similar,  they have alot of scope target wise but stds look a fixed feature  

Like the sounds of that Clinto, could remove the air brakes from the K80 m8, give us a shout next Friday will try get some time of, not like you to miss so many on the tower ? Is it harder than RBSS tower ? Good to see some testing ones

Definitely a lot faster Nick, and affected by the strong right to left wind, there is a large union jack flag on the top and this was bellowing out big time, and because you are slightly protected by the mounds of earth you tend to under estimate the force of the wind ? well thats my excuse m8.......

As for hight I would personally say a fare bit higher than RBSS ,looking at the targets later they seemed to be curling at least 2-3 ft to the left and with just them and sky it was hard to spot where you were actually placing the pattern.

If they had been Pheasants they would have been good ones !!!

We rarely see this type of target now a days, this could be part of the reason why most shoots require 96-97 to win !!!! I have NO complaints about it's severity and am keen to return to sort it out  

Glad you enjoyed the day. What a change 24 hours brings – no wind and bright sunshine today. Life wouldn’t be the same if everything was easy and predictable!

Here are a couple of pic’s of the crane – as you can see it is much higher than the Malvern Hills!!!

Pauline does say I tend to exaggerate!!

043_zps9098997f.jpg

044_zps037beb9a.jpg

Last chance tomorrow to have a go at the walk back. There are 3 in the shoot off already who have got back to 100 yards. Shoot off is at 4.00 so if you want to have a go then be here before 3.30 please.

John

Back