Shoots are too easy nowadays

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not gonna get all snarky here and lose my Perfectly Lovely Person badge.  but you clearly seem to misunderstand or not understand some fairly simple mathematical concepts.
There is absolutely nothing in common between Lewis class and a percentile-based classification system and I don't have time to teach you.

There is absolutely nothing in common between Lewis class and a percentile-based classification system and I don't have time to teach you.

· A clown and ignorant as well....you really are special
You really do remind me of someone 🙄 :logik:

images

LEWIS stands for Lets Every W*nker Imagine Success.

Just buy a lottery ticket..

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there are different things to consider here.

To a sporting shooter it’s easy to see Skeet and DTL targets as easier and less complicated than most sporting targets. There aren’t loads of sporting shooters who could go out and put in a really high score in those disciplines though. In my opinion it’s because shooting high scores is not just about the targets. Concentration, repetition, managing pressure, process and form are all required to put in really high scores. 

Every 2-3 months we visit a ground which is known for being a bit soft. I go because I can practice those things. I have a problem dropping single targets on a stand where I am right on it. This type of shoot lets me focus on getting 8s, not trying to find lead for the first half of the stand.

I enjoy shooting ‘big’ targets, but that’s just one aspect of shooting sporting clays. Not all difficult clays are a long way off. Far from it.

What I do find irritating is the notion that Sporting should be made harder for majors.Why? How do you practice for that? We don’t wind the spring up for Skeet or make the mens 100m final at the Olympics 130m. 

No matter the targets, you have to set your own goals and if they are to win your class or get a top 10 at a major, then the targets are totally irrelevant. It’s then about beating your peers regardless of severity of targets.

Nor I you.  I'll give you a hint tho - Lewis classes are defacto percentile classes with floating percentiles that cumulatively would tend to a norm

have a nice day

Gotta love internet tough guys who can't back it up in person.
 My curiosity simply overwhelms me.  Just how would one go about that?  And back what up I might ask as well.

Gotta love internet tough guys who can't back it up in person.
The fact that you believe that i can't back anything up in person is highly amusing also the idiocy of the statement and the fact that i am several thousand miles away precludes the possibility.

Nevermind thankfully we have some of your countrymen on here that show us that you are not a good example of such.

Nor I you.  I'll give you a hint tho - Lewis classes are defacto percentile classes with floating percentiles that cumulatively would tend to a norm
Nice try......I have explained nothing about the system I have in mind but you presume to know that it works just like lewis class with its arbitrary separations between classes.

If you think that approaches some sort of normal distribution.........

Nice try......I have explained nothing about the system I have in mind but you presume to know that it works just like lewis class with its arbitrary separations between classes.

If you think that approaches some sort of normal distribution.........
(being perfectly lovely) now see that is not at all what I said.  So I'm sorry that you don't understand but in truth it doesn't matter in any way whatsoever as the course of the world will not be affected in anyway measurable in increments so tiny as to not now even be known.

hoping you have an exceptionally nice whatever

Nevermind thankfully we have some of your countrymen on here that show us that you are not a good example of such.
I can only say that if you are referring in any way to me I would have to ask you to desist!  Getting involved, even involuntarily, in your petty squabbles will in no way contribute in a positive manner to my goal to be a perfectly lovely person embracing fraternity, equality, and liberty .  OK scrub part of that.  I got ahead of myself there with the Frog part.  Not that there is anything wrong with the Frogs.  I mean they make some fine steels, some beauteous guns and all but if they go in the dumper at the World Cup I ain't gonna cry.  Know what I mean?

3 hours ago, Wonko the Sane said:
I can only say that if you are referring in any way to me I would have to ask you to desist!  Getting involved, even involuntarily, in your petty squabbles will in no way contribute in a positive manner to my goal to be a perfectly lovely person embracing fraternity, equality, and liberty .  OK scrub part of that.  I got ahead of myself there with the Frog part.  Not that there is anything wrong with the Frogs.  I mean they make some fine steels, some beauteous guns and all but if they go in the dumper at the World Cup I ain't gonna cry.  Know what I mean?

They also make some fairly lovely wives - so less of the 'frog' business... cheers!

Really?  Is there a standard model or is there an options list?  Is it pretty much free market pricing or some of that outrageous bespoke specialty stuff?  Factory tours for prospective enthusiasts?   :poke:
Mine was bespoke.   Sometimes temperamental, especially when referred to as 'frog'  - costs/benefits analysis results are positive.

Note to ground owners/course setters. When a customer relates to you that he feels your shoot was too stiff, the way to deal with it is to  listen. Not ask the next AAA shooter along to text u later with his opinion of your fabulous (😀) shoot. 🤔

Jasper

So a return. Shoot 10- to 15 targets harder. Guys who sets targets ( not ground owner ) says to AA superstar " really interested to know your thoughts on shoot. Lots of people saying it was hard".  Seeing the recurring theme here?.

Then , which is rather worrying, he says to AA superstar. " I thought I'd set it easier this time I can't understand why it's shooting so hard". Oh dear. High gun was 86 when we left. Only 4 in the 80's .Still an hour before last entries and some superstars   just turned up, so we'll see. Don't mind them tough, but for you not to have any idea as to why. Really. Seriously. The mind boggles.

Still want top dollar for it though.

Latest posts

Back