Shooting show - shall I or shant I

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidney

Cant decide if I want to go to the show this weekend or not, need to be persuaded one way or the other please!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have been shooting a while, I doubt it is worth going. You will have what you need, so just looking at stuff is a waste of time. Worse still, you will buy some stuff you don't need.

I did the CLA last year. Long walk, waste of time and money, but I have all that I want and need already.

We're going tomorrow for a mooch, not really looking to buy anything (pondering a laminate stock but probably not) but its a day out :)

Depends whether you enjoy being shoved around? If it's anything like the gamefair it's too busy to be enjoyable and if it's kit you're after, there's nothing you can't get online or at your local gunshop at a similar price.

Depends whether you enjoy being shoved around? If it's anything like the gamefair it's too busy to be enjoyable and if it's kit you're after, there's nothing you can't get online or at your local gunshop at a similar price.
But are you and I just miserable old gits? :)

Been setting up today, have had a walk round. I have to say it is a huge improvement on last year. There is plenty of aisle room, many more stands than last year and promises to be a good show. Certainly the flow of people walking will be better, and of course no mud. I can`t speak for all, but worth a day out - if you do come, then make your way to our stand opposite Browning.

We shall be there - weather permitting!

Didn't think my other half would be interested, although she can spend all day at country/game fairs and she shoots, didn't think wall to wall guns would interest her - but she's going though.

Don't get much time off together because of shift work and she probably sees this as a day out together.

Will bring gunthough for my first competative shoot away from our home SG.

I have been persuaded to go this afternoon, despite shooting for about 70 years my Dad he still gets excited at the prospect of anything gun related so leaving shortly! Will see you there Mr Coley!

Last edited by a moderator:
Was going to go tomorrow but have been put off by the weather forecast and my car service costing £1250 instead of £600....eek

We went early doors this morning, first hour or so was ok but became a bit packed after that. Had a pop on starshot and the rabbit mania then bugged out home.

Parkie and I are getting there early doors tomorrow, wish us luck !!

We're always in the sh*t it's just the depth that differs!

We will be arriving at around 8.30 so i hope theres someone in the show selling grilled dead animal on bread !!

Latest posts

Back